Deep-fried Breaded Prawns. Dust off the breadcrumbs from the tails. Great recipe for Deep-fried Breaded Prawns. They're yummier if you make them at home.
Do not overcook the prawns otherwise the they will be dry and tough. First, coat the prawn with all purpose flour. Next, coat it with beaten egg slightly diluted with water. You can cook Deep-fried Breaded Prawns using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Deep-fried Breaded Prawns
- You need of For tartar sauce.
- It’s 2 of Boiled eggs.
- You need 1/4 of Onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each Ketchup, vinegar and lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper (to taste).
- It’s 1 of Parsley (as needed).
- Prepare 16 of Black tiger prawns.
- You need of Pre-seasoning:.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 tablespoons Sake.
- It’s 1 of Salt, to taste.
- You need of For the batter:.
- You need 2 tbsp of ※Weak flour (Cake flour).
- It’s 2 tbsp of ※Milk.
- Prepare 1 of ※Egg.
- You need 1 tsp of ※Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 of Panko (as needed).
Finally, cover it with panko or breadcrumbs. Layout your breaded shrimp on a sheet pan or flat pan and place it in the freezer. Once the breaded food has completely frozen, place it into ziplock bags until your ready to fry. ***When you do fry the shrimp, do not defrost them first. Dip each shrimp into the flour mixture, then into the egg, and finally into the panko crumbs to coat.
Deep-fried Breaded Prawns instructions
- Peel the prawns and rinse well. Marinate with the pre-seasonings and let stand for about 5 minutes. Cut open the back lengthways with a knife and remove the veins..
- With a knife, make a light lengthwise slit..
- Next, cut about halfway through the shrimp right at the middle. Make two more slashes, one 1 cm away from the first slash, and the other 2 cm away, to make three slashes altogether..
- Straighten the shrimp by pushing the back of the shrimp towards the front. You might feel the sinew breaking..
- Cut off the tips of the tails if you don't want the oil to sputter..
- Coat each prawn with the ※ batter..
- Coat with panko. Just before frying the prawns, stretch them straight once more, then gently drop them to the oil..
- Deep-fry in oil that has been heated to 340°F/170°C. Since they were slashed through several times, they will cook quickly..
- Tartar sauce Chop the onion finely and sprinkle with salt, then microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. This makes the onion sweeter..
- Mash the boiled egg finely with a fork or masher..
- Combine all the tartar sauce ingredients..
- Serve the fried prawns and tartar sauce together..
Fry a few at a time until golden brown. Heat oil in a large skillet. Dip the shrimp in the egg, then coat the shrimp with bread crumbs. Fry the shrimp in the hot oil. Use Panko to Bread Your Precooked Shrimp.