Vegetable lasagna (step by step Recipe). Great recipe for Vegetable lasagna (step by step Recipe). #myfirstrecipe I am posting my first recipe of Vegetable Lasagna. I have customised the recipe as per Indian tastes buds by adding chilli flakes as the original recipe is a bit bland. Heat half the olive oil in a large saucepan, over medium heat.
Repeat the layers and top with cheese. Spinach is the star of this vegetable lasagna recipe. For the perfect make-ahead meal, prepare two vegetable lasagnas; bake one now, and fre Layers in this Lasagna. You can cook Vegetable lasagna (step by step Recipe) using 33 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetable lasagna (step by step Recipe)
- Prepare of Preparing the red sauce.
- You need 600 gms of Canned tomatoes :(If taking fresh tomatoes, then take 6).
- You need 1 tbsp of Chopped Garlic.
- It’s 2 tsps of Dried italian herbs.
- Prepare 1 tsp (adjust as per the taste) of Chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp (as per the taste) of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s of Preparing the white sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of All purpose flour/Plain flour / Maida.
- Prepare 1 cup of Full fat Milk.
- You need 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp (as per the taste) of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Black or white pepper.
- You need 3/4 cup (I used cheddar, you can use any of Cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp (totally optional) of Italian herbs.
- Prepare of Roasting the vegetables.
- It’s 1 cup of Mushrooms.
- You need 2 cups of Spinach.
- Prepare 1 cup of Bell peppers.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Onions.
- You need 1/2 cup Chopped of Broccoli.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp (You can use fresh even) of Dried basil.
- It’s as per the of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare of Layering.
- Prepare of Both the prepared sauces Roasted Veggies Lasagna sheets/Pasta.
- Prepare 250 gms of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 150 gms of mozzarella.
There are three main layers in this lasagna – spinach ricotta which adds a layer of creaminess, pan roasted vegetables, cheese and sauce. You will need to make three main elements for this recipe, and these can be made ahead, so that all you finally have to do is assemble and bake. This hearty, vegetable lasagna is the only lasagna my husband will eat. Hope you all enjoy as much as we do.
Vegetable lasagna (step by step Recipe) step by step
- Preparing the red sauce: Heat oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and saute. Once done add tomatoes and all the other spices and herbs including sugar. Simmer it for 10-15 minutes or unless it becomes a little thick.
- Preparing the white sauce :Heat oil and butter in a pan, add flour and roast it unless you get a nice aroma and a little golden colour. Slowly add in the milk and continuously whisk it, so that no lumps are formed. Once nicely mixed, boil it. As soon as it starts thickening up add in the cheese, pepper, salt and herbs (If adding). If you get lumps in your sauce, no need to worry just pass it through a sieve and it will be fine. Cook it unless you get a desired consistency..
- Roasting the vegetables: Heat oil in a pan, add in garlic and saute. Once done, add in the onions and saute until translucent. Then add in the rest of the veggies – mushrooms, spinach, bell peppers and broccoli (I used frozen broccoli hence added in the end but if you are using fresh, just add in with the rest veggies). Also add in the chilli flakes, basil and salt. Mix everything and let it cook unless all the moisture dries out..
- Layering: For layering, take a pan and grease with some oil (I used porcelain 9"x 6" dish, you can use cake tin also) Pour in a little red sauce and spread, then layer the pasta sheets tightly and compact. Spread some roasted veggies and spread. Then pour in some white sauce and again spread. Finally spread in some cheese. Repeat the layering process thrice..
- Baking :Once done with the layering, cover the pan with an aluminum foil and bake it in a preheated oven at 180°C for first 20 minutes, then take out the aluminum foil and again bake for 15 minutes. If you want your cheese to be a little brown just broil it for 1 minute at 230°C (Pleas don't move away during broiling) Once done, let it cool for 15 minutes and then cut a slice and Enjoy!.
Slowly add the vinegar / lemon juice and stir. Keep stirring until the whey separates completely. Filter out the water and wash the milk particles well to get rid of any sour taste from the vinegar or lime juice. To prepare the veggies: In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Once shimmering, add the carrots, bell pepper, zucchini, yellow onion, and salt.