Mini Palmiers. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Quickly Filter by Price, Mileage, Trim, Deal Rating and More. Sugar Bowl Bakery Mini Palmiers are made with real butter and no artificial flavors.
Crafted according to a centuries-old French recipe with real cream butter and hundreds of layers of dough. We start our Private Selection Mini. Crafted according to a centuries-old French recipe with real cream butter and hundreds of layers of dough. You can cook Mini Palmiers using 4 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mini Palmiers
- Prepare 1 packages of ready-to-roll shortcrust pastry.
- Prepare 1 cup of black olive tapenade (see my recipe 'Italian Scottish Oatcakes' which is attached to the cover photo if this recipe).
- It’s 4 tbsp of store bought basil pesto sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
We start our Private Selection Mini. Combine the sugar and kosher salt. Learn about the number of calories and nutritional and diet information for Signature select Mini Palmiers. Palmiers are made with nothing more than a sheet of puff pastry and some sugar.
Mini Palmiers instructions
- Take the pastry out of the fridge twenty minutes before you make these..
- Cut the pastry in half down the longer side.
- Put one half aside, then roll the other half out to 20 by 6 inch rectangle..
- Use a palette knife to spread the olive tapenade all over the pastry..
- Turn up the two long edges and tuck them under a little bit..
- Roll both sides into the middle..
- Cut in half to make two shorter sausage shaped rolls. Wrap both of them in plastic wrap (firmly enough to keep their shape) and slide them onto a baking sheet and refridgerate for thirty minutes to an hour..
- Do the same with the other half of the pastry, but spread it with the pesto, then sprinkle on the parmesan cheese all over before rolling, wrapping and refridgerating in the same way as the tapenade rolls..
- Preheat the oven to 200 C..
- Take two rolls out of the fridge, unwrap them and use a sharp serrated knife to cut them into 1cm/ half inch slices and place them, slightly spaced apart and bake for 15-20 minutes (you may wish to turn the tapenade palmiers over for the last 5 minutes).
- Take them out of the oven and allow them to cool for a minute or two before using a fish-slice to gently take them off the baking sheet and placing them on a serving dish..
- Do the same with the other two rolls..
- Makes approximately 80 mini palmiers..
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Store in an air-tight container (if they last that long!).
If you've made yourself some homemade puff pastry, palmiers are an excellent way to show off your baking skills. Store-bought puff pastry works just as well, but be sure to buy one made entirely with butter. Craving something sweet but not too sweet? Baked to be firm yet delicately crunchy, our petite French cookies are the answer. Serve these at your next dinner party or just.