EASY Tres leches cake. Koop het Boek Cake Easy van Susie Theodorou. Sweetened condensed milk, whole milk and whipping cream are the traditional "three milks" in our Tres Leches Cake ingredients. Mix and pour into "poke" holes in the cake to create the iconic flavor.
It's really moist, delicious, and simple. A classic tres leches is made with a sponge cake. It's much lighter and not as dense as a traditional cake. You can cook EASY Tres leches cake using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of EASY Tres leches cake
- You need 1 of yellow cake mix.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1-14 ounce of can sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Topping:.
- It’s 1-8 oz of tub cool whip.
- It’s of Any fresh or canned fruit, sliced.
- It’s of Ex: pineapple, strawberries, peaches, kiwi (I love using peaches and strawberries but strawberries were out of season so I bought the sliced frozen ones in a tub packed in sugar).
The trick is in the egg whites. Be sure to beat them well into stiff peaks and then fold. Beat eggs in a large bowl. As far as the milk mixture goes, I omit the whole milk and just blend together the three milks (hence the name Tres Leches) heavy cream, evaporated milk, and condensed milk together.
EASY Tres leches cake instructions
- Heat oven to 350. Prepare cake mix as directed and mix in vanilla extract. Bake in 13×9” pan as directed. About 27-30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes..
- Using a fork or wooden skewer poke holes all over cake, halfway through..
- Mix all 3 mills and pour evenly over cake..
- When ready to serve top with cool whip and fruit..
After you have punched holes into the made cake, pour half the milk mixture into the cake. The cake will absorb the mixture. Tres leches cake gets its name because after making a soft, tender cake you poke holes in it before pouring over a mixture of three milks – sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and heavy cream. The cake is ridiculously moist, beautifully sweet, perfectly tender, and melts in your mouth. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, vanilla, and eggs.