Garlic Mixed Fried Rice. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant and lightly browned. Stir in rice and cook until coated and heated through.
Cook, tossing occasionally, until rice is warmed through and crispy in spots. (In Tagalog that crispy rice is called tutong; it's like the crispy part at the bottom of the paella pan.) Add garlic. Heat wok over high heat until oil is shimmering. Add rice, breaking up larger clumps with a spatula and tossing to coat with garlic-flavored oil. You can have Garlic Mixed Fried Rice using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Garlic Mixed Fried Rice
- It’s 100 gm of Butter -.
- You need half a kilo of Prawns -.
- It’s two of Chicken large shredded – or breast pieces.
- It’s 4 – 5 of Sausages pork frankfurters – long.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 and half cups of Rice – long grain.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of Turmeric tea – spoon.
- Prepare half of Lemon – slice.
- It’s one small cup of Soya sauce -.
- Prepare 10 cloves of Garlic -.
- You need 8 – 10 of Beans -.
- Prepare 2 of Carrot ( diced into small pieces ) -.
Add reserved garlic to rice and toss to combine. You can also use freshly cooked rice, and I would recommend using fragrant Jasmine rice for the best flavor and aroma. the rice grains are a little stickier and chewier than the basmati or American Grained rice, so you will have a more authentic garlic fried rice. So let's get straight to the recipe and see how we make our easy garlic fried rice. Garlic Fried Rice or Sinangag is steamed rice fried with lots of garlic.
Garlic Mixed Fried Rice step by step
- Start by preparing the Basmati rice, one and a half cups in about four cups of water, till it is almost done. Once the water evaporates, the rice would be ready. Remove from vessel, drain and keep aside on a plate to cool..
- Marinate the prawns in some salt, and turmeric, add a tea spoon of soya sauce and set aside. Cook this in some butter, lightly frying it,.
- Marinate chicken in salt and half a teaspoon soya sauce, add some cut chillies, if you want it spicy, lightly fry the shredded chicken in some butter with (4-5 garlic cloves), set aside..
- Melt about three tablespoons butter, add in garlic cloves (about 4-5).Chop up the beans and carrots into small pieces, then saute them in the butter. Once cooked, set aside. I used large prawns and had to cut them up once fried in the butter to add to the rice later..
- Chop up the sausages into circular or small slices, then fry them lightly in some butter, set aside..
- In a wok, with some melted butter, add in the remaining cloves of garlic, as it turns crisp, add in the rice, and mix well, now add in all the meat and vegetables, mixing all ingredients thoroughly. Garlic butter mixed fried rice is now ready to eat!.
This is a favorite side in the Philippines and most of Asia since rice is considered as the staple food. Usually considered as a breakfast food for Filipinos,this way of cooking rice goes well with several fried foods such as Tocino, Longganisa, Beef Tapa, Tuyo, Daing, Danggit. The garlic butter fried rice is not a traditional asian dish. If you look at the ingredients for asian dishes, butter is almost never used. Instead, its more of a fusion dish that enhances a normal fried rice dish with a savory garlic butter.