Creamy Pesto Chicken & Pasta Quick Hack. Use a small sharp knife to make a slit along the side of each chicken breast to. Tip the breadcrumbs onto a large. Instructions Season chicken with salt and pepper, and rub chicken with the basil pesto.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced mushrooms, broccoli, and chicken strips together. Stir in the double cream, remaining olive oil, parsley and some seasoning. Spoon into the centres of the squares of nonstick baking paper, then drop small dollops of the tomato pesto on top. You can have Creamy Pesto Chicken & Pasta Quick Hack using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Pesto Chicken & Pasta Quick Hack
- You need of Your favorite Chicken part/s.
- Prepare of Bottled or ready-made Pesto sauce.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic cloves, smashed.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion, sliced coarsely.
- Prepare 1 of large or 2 small dry bay/laurel leaves.
- You need 1 c of or more water.
- Prepare 1/2 cube of chicken bullion or broth cube.
- It’s of Cooked pasta.
- You need 150 ml of all purpose cream (nestle or other).
- It’s pinch of peppercorns (huge pinch).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need of Sprinkle of Parmesan (optional).
Bring the edges up and around the mixture, creating a pocket. If chicken starts to brown too much, lower the heat. Creamy Pesto Chicken: How to Make It Put the chicken cutlets onto a flat work surface/cutting board and place a piece of plastic wrap over them. Using a heavy-bottomed glass or a meat mallet, pound the chicken until they're about half as thick as they were to begin with.
Creamy Pesto Chicken & Pasta Quick Hack instructions
- In a pot heat your water and add the bay leaves, garlic, onions, peppercorns and 1/4 of a chicken bullion cube. Add your chicken (salted lightly), thawed or 1/2 frozen. How much chicken? Depends how many are eating. How much water? Enough to submerge the chicken. Cover, turn, check until chicken is cooked (about 15-20 mins for 2 pcs of quarter chicken). Set aside when cooked..
- Meanwhile while boiling chicken, cook your pasta according to package instructions. Don't forget to add salt and oil or butter in the water. Set aside when cooked..
- Pesto sauce- to make it quick and easy, buy a pre-made or ready made pesto sauce from the supermarket. Normally they are in small bottles good for 2-3 servings. You can use the whole thing depending on how many are eating. If there's excess oil in the bottle, separate and pour it in a container (if u want to use it later on), no need to strain or to be exact. We need to remove the excess oil since this is a creamy sauce..
- In very low heat, pour the oil-drained pesto in a pan. Add your nestle or all purpose cream and 1/4 of the remaining chicken bullion cube. Stir in the flavors. Add a few tablespoons of the chicken broth from the boiled chicken to enhance the flavor, but not too much to make it soupy. To thicken, you can add more cream. Taste and season accordingly..
- Plating- plate your chicken and pasta then scoop your pesto sauce on top. OR toss it in a big bowl but ensure that your pasta is well drained as the excess water will make it soupy. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese (the Kraft kind or cheese block kind). Enjoy!.
- Note: the chicken broth tastes good too, you can serve it as a side soup with a sprinkle of scallions. Or freeze and use it for a chicken noodle soup dish..
Season well with salt and pepper. Toss some pasta in the sauce and a delicious dinner is on the table in no time. This Pesto chicken is out of the world good. Basil pesto lends a freshness to the sauce. Sprinklw with some more basil leaves if you want.