Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF. Find All the Kitchen Appliances Online. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF.
If you're looking for Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, look no further! Bring the soup back to the boil then add the brandy. Ladle the soup into the serving bowls, stir into each a tbsp of the cheese then top each with enough croutons to cover the soup. You can have Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 40 grams (3 tbsp) of sunflower spread or butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of pure olive oil.
- You need 680 grams of red onions, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar to help caramelise the onions.
- You need 40 grams (3 tbsp) of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare 1 clove of very finely chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 dash of Vickys Soy-Free Soy Sauce or Worcestershire Sauce, recipes both linked below.
- You need 110 ml of red wine.
- It’s 1900 ml of beef or mushroom stock.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of brandy (optional).
- Prepare 1 of ground black pepper & extra salt to taste.
- You need 1 pinch of thyme leaves.
- It’s of Topping.
- Prepare 1 of french baguette, cut into rounds then thickly cubed, a gluten-free recipe from my profile is below.
- Prepare 1 tsp of melted sunflower spread or butter.
- Prepare of as much grated cheese as you prefer to make the soup 'lid', gruyere & parmesan are the traditional choices. *I use a mixture of my own homemade coconut cheddar and Veganic brand mozzarella.
Recipe: Appetizing Vickys Scottish Tattie Scones, GF DF EF SF NF. Add the cornstarch and mix into the meat juices. Great recipe for Vickys Red Lentil & Bacon Soup, GF DF EF SF NF. A miserable day in the North East of.
Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Melt the butter & oil together over a medium low heat in a large stock pot. Add the onions and turn the heat to low. Give them a stir to coat in the oil then put the lid on and find something else to do for 15 minutes, don't disturb the onions.
- After the 15 minutes are up, uncover the pot, add the sugar & salt and cook the onions for at least 45 minutes, stirring frequently until they are lovely and caramelized. Don't skimp on the cooking time here. This is what builds the intense flavour base, just like a gumbo roux.
- After the onions have fully caramelized, add the garlic & flour and cook while stirring a further 3 minutes. Add the red wine and stir well scraping the bottom of the pan. Add the soy sauce/worcestershire & stock, a quarter amount at a time and stirring after each addition. Add a little pepper to taste but go easy on the salt. The cheese will add some saltiness itself and you don't want to overdo it. Turn up the heat and let simmer partially covered for 30-40 minutes, skimming if needed. Add in the thyme https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332952-vickys-soy-sauce-substitute https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338187-vickys-homemade-worcestershire-sauce-vegan.
- Preheat the oven to gas 3 / 165C / 325°F and spread the bread cubes on a lined baking tray. Toast, keeping your eye on them until they're golden all over then drizzle them with the melted spread / butter https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/368330-vickys-french-baguettes-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free.
- Put 6 soup bowls onto a foil-lined baking tray. Bring the soup back to the boil then add the brandy. Ladle the soup into the serving bowls, stir into each a tbsp of the cheese then top each with enough croutons to cover the soup. Top this with as much cheese as you like. Bake for 20 minutes then finish off under the grill to brown the top of the cheese. Serve immediately https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/346731-vickys-coconut-cream-cheese https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/335730-vickys-coconut-milk-cheddar-cheese https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/339693-vickys-velveeta-cheese-with-vegan-options.
- This is a kind of french/scottish onion soup fusion. Scottish style includes a leek, the garlic, worcestershire sauce and thyme where french does not. Also the bread is cubed where french style is to leave it in thick slices.
Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. Check Out French Onion Recipes On eBay. The composition for cooking Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF. This is a favourite in my house, really delicious. Recipe of Ultimate Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF.