Homemade green pesto and fresh pasta. Great recipe for Homemade green pesto and fresh pasta. Here is my green pesto sauce recipe I cook live with Emily on IG. Pesto sauce is so easy to make and so tasty too.
Mix gently to ensure the pasta is well coated in the pesto. Add additional salt & pepper at this stage, if required. Transfer into a serving bowl, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and basil leaves. You can cook Homemade green pesto and fresh pasta using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade green pesto and fresh pasta
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh pasta (see homemade fresh pasta recipe).
- It’s of Some green cabbage (shredded).
- It’s of Green pesto.
- Prepare 1 handful of basil.
- It’s 3-4 leaves of mint leaves.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cashew nuts or pine nut.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli.
An Italian dark green sauce for pasta originating in Genoa. It's made from pine nuts blended with fresh basil, parmesan or pecorino cheese, garlic and olive oil. Red pesto is made similarly but. Add the walnuts, rocket, parsley, sage, chives, basil and tarragon, if using, and oil.
Homemade green pesto and fresh pasta instructions
- Blend all pesto ingredients together in a blender.
- Bring water to boil in a small saucepan, add some salt then add some pasta in. Wait for a few min until your pasta raise up to surface..
- Sieve them up and put in a bowl. Put some green cabbage in the hot water in saucepan for a few min..
- Mix your pesto with the pasta then add some green cabbage in. Mix well and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese before serve..
Boil spaghetti in a large pan according to pack instructions. Drain well, then return to the pan with the pesto and half the Parmesan. Toss well, then tip into a serving bowl and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan. Heat a small frying pan over a low heat. Cook the pine nuts until golden, shaking occasionally.