Healthy Blueberry Muffins. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Healthy Take on Blueberry muffins with a Fruits of the Forest Twist – these are very light perfect for a quick breakfast or snack (or both!!) Put the blueberries in a small bowl and mix with the plain flour (this prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins).
Cream the butter and sugar together then slowly add the eggs, mix for three minutes. Add the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, stir to combine, then refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl. You can cook Healthy Blueberry Muffins using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar, loosely packed.
- It’s 1 cup of mashed very ripe banana.
- You need 1/4 cup of plain yogurt.
- You need 1 of large egg, beaten.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of blueberries.
Beat the butter and caster sugar together until pale and fluffy. Instead of vegetable oil, these blueberry muffins are made with applesauce, creating a healthier and more moist texture. With double the amount of blueberries, make sure to fill the muffin cups up to the edge, for generously-sized deli-style muffins. Healthy Blueberry Muffins are extremely fluffy, moist and absolutely delicious with fresh or frozen blueberries.
Healthy Blueberry Muffins instructions
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray..
- Gently whisk flour, soda, salt and cinnamon in large bowl..
- In another bowl, mix together honey and brown sugar. Get out as many lumps as possible. Stir in banana, yogurt and egg..
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix together. Stir in milk slowly. Gently fold in blueberries..
- Fill muffin tin 1/2-3/4 way full with mixture..
- Bake for 17-18 minutes or until very light brown on edges. Cool 5 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 12 muffins..
Easy, kid approved muffin recipe with fantastic reviews! Kids love muffins, so I highly recommend you double these. 🙂 Other kid favorites are healthy banana muffins, healthy chocolate chip muffins and almond flour banana muffins. Here, Greek yogurt adds the same moisture as extra butter or oil but for a fraction of the calories, and it gives your healthy one-bowl blueberry muffins a protein boost too! Before you turn to the dry ingredients, you'll also add milk and plain white vinegar to your mixing bowl. These delicious muffins are moist and packed full of blueberries.