Dutch Apple Pie. Search a wide range of information from across the web with quicklyanswers.com The difference between classic apple pie and a Dutch apple pie recipe is all in the delicious crumb topping. Dutch apple pie topping is made with butter, Gold Medal™ flour, brown sugar and granulated sugar, and you'll know when it's ready to come out of the oven when the crumb toppings are a deep golden brown. Instead of a second pie crust, enjoy a generous blanket of sweet streusel crumbs.
Some recipes add cream to the filling. Some call for making a deep-dish pie with a lattice top, and others top it with streusel. Every time I bake it I am reminded of the tremendous outpouring of love and support that we received. You can have Dutch Apple Pie using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dutch Apple Pie
- You need of Prepared pie crust.
- You need 6 of medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of allspice.
- You need of Topping.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of soft butter.
It's a pie that my sweet daddy would have loved. —Eugenia McQueen, Tampa, Florida Dutch Apple Pie. Its oat crust reminds me of a cookie, and the tart apple filling just can't be beat during harvest time. —Brenda DuFresne, Midland, Michigan Dutch Apple Pie is the best version of apple pie! Instead of a top crust, you enjoy a sweet crumble topping over a mound of delicious apples. Everyone will agree that this is the best apple pie they've ever had.
Dutch Apple Pie instructions
- Preheat oven 350.
- Put apple slices, spices and sugar into bowl. Mix.
- Pour slices into pie crust.
- In same bowl, add flour and sugar. Mix with fork or pastry blender.
- Add butter and blend into course crumbs.
- Pour on top of apple slices.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until apples are soft and topping is golden brown.
- Use a variety of apples— I used Cortland, honey crisp, wolf river, and granny smith.
Use your own homemade pie crust or save some time and use a pre-made store bought crust. Either way, this pie will knock your socks off! Dutch Apple Pie is For All You Crumb Topping Lovers! The thing with Dutch Apple Pie that sets it apart is the crumb/streusel topping. There are tons of variations on this recipe out there in the universe, but today I'm sharing my method, which I find to be the easiest!