Beef Bacon & Brussels Pot Pie. Check Out Beef Bacon on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Since beef is leaner than pork, beef bacon can tend to be drier than pork bacon.
Pork bacon is simply cured, smoked, and sliced pork belly. Similarly, beef bacon is made by curing, drying, smoking, and then thinly slicing beef belly. Beef bacon is pure incarnation of that flavor. You can cook Beef Bacon & Brussels Pot Pie using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Bacon & Brussels Pot Pie
- It’s 2 of Lbs. Small Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 1/4 Lbs of Brussel Sprouts.
- You need 4 Slices of Bacon.
- It’s 2 of Small Onions.
- Prepare of Assorted Chilis (Optional).
- You need 1 of Green Onion.
- Prepare 1.5 Lbs of Ground Beef.
- You need Splash of White Cooking Wine.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need of “Complete Sazón” (If not, Garlic and Onion Powder).
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 of Egg (Egg Wash).
- Prepare of Crust.
- It’s 2 Cups of Flour.
- It’s 2/3 Cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 Stick of Butter.
- Prepare Pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 3 Tsp. of Baking Powder.
- It’s of Roux.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Flour.
- It’s 10 Oz. of Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 1 Stick of Butter.
- Prepare 3 2/3 Cups of Milk.
Beef bacon is created in three steps – curing the belly, smoking the meat, cooking the bacon to beefy perfection. Making your own beef bacon is not difficult, it's just a matter of being prepared for the time the cure takes, then the smoke stage. Beef bacon shares a number of characteristics with the more traditional pork bacon but is considerably lower in saturated fat. Both beef and pork bacon are fatty cuts of meat that are salted and smoked, or salted and dried.
Beef Bacon & Brussels Pot Pie instructions
- Add flour baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Cube cold Butter and work into flour with fingertips. In mixer, or old-fashioned way, begin to slowly add milk carefully monitoring the dough until it comes into a ball like formation. Wrap and chill..
- Wash all vegetables and prepare as seen below. You’ll be wanting to slice the brussels sprouts and cube the potatoes..
- Add bacon to pan to render out the fat. Add in onions, garlic and green onions. Cook for a few minutes..
- Add Brussel sprouts and assorted chilies, if you choose. Season generously with black pepper, salt and sazón. Allow them to cook down in the fat for a bit. They will soften and reduce in size. Add in a splash of white wine and cook off the alcohol..
- Season the ground beef with the aforementioned spices. Add it to the party and cook it down. When browned, add in the cubed potatoes. Add about a 1/2 cup of water and simmer, covered, until potatoes are softened. The liquid will thicken. Allow to cool to room temperature..
- Roll out pie dough and place in bottom of pan. Spoon in filling..
- Prepare roux. Melt butter, add flour and stir constantly for roughly 4 to 5 minutes. Then add and cold milk. Continue to stir and add in about 50% of the cheese. You should have a consistency similar to this..
- Pour roux over filling. Ideally, you’ll want to leave more of the bottom dough exposed so that you can get a tight seal with the top crust. I was greedy. I also forgot to add the cheese on top of the roux. Do that. Seal pie and make an air vent. Hit it with the egg wash..
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Because I forgot to put the cheese inside of the pie I had to put it on top. I also struggled to seal it because I was being greedy with the filling. Amazingly… it didn’t matter. Bake 30 minutes or until crust is golden..
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes before cutting. If you’re going to purposefully make a mistake and put cheese on top… cover it with foil half way through so that it doesn’t burn..
The meat is cut into thin slices and cooked in a pan on top of the stove. Leave this field empty if you're human: Follow us. we support. Beef Bacon is another type of bacon, just as crispy and delicious as regular bacon. It is similar in taste to pork bacon. It usually is smokier and browner.