Australian Wagyu Oyster Blade/Flat Iron Steak with porcini mushroom sauce. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Great recipe for Australian Wagyu Oyster Blade/Flat Iron Steak with porcini mushroom sauce.
This kind of wagyu steak is very hard to find at the butchers and is more typically found on the menus of high-end restaurants. It is from the chuck, or shoulder of the animal, and carries a rich flavour. The connective tissue is removed, leaving behind a lean and tender steak. You can have Australian Wagyu Oyster Blade/Flat Iron Steak with porcini mushroom sauce using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Australian Wagyu Oyster Blade/Flat Iron Steak with porcini mushroom sauce
- You need 600 g of Oyster blade steak or any beef steak.
- Prepare 1 sprig of Rosemary.
- Prepare 2 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Butter.
- It’s of Porcini mushroom sauce.
- You need 15 g of Dried Porcini mushroom (soak in water in advance, reserve the soaking liquid).
- It’s 5 pieces of Brown mushroom (sliced).
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion (shredded).
- Prepare 10 g of Butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cooking cream.
- You need 1 cup of Beef stock/water.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
When it comes to seasoning your piece of Australian Wagyu steak, less is more. Believe it or not, picking the right Wagyu steak is half the battle. You can opt for a standard cut like a filet or ribeye, or take the road less traveled with kebab, flank steak, teres major, English roast, patties, flat iron, or chuck steak. Sauce & Seasoning; Specials; Wagyu Meal Boxes;.
Australian Wagyu Oyster Blade/Flat Iron Steak with porcini mushroom sauce step by step
- Trim the beef (if needed), dry it with kitchen towel, marinate with olive oil, rosemary, garlic and pepper for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180•C/ 356•F.
- Season the beef with sea salt before cooking. Sear all sides of the beef in a hot pan, baste with butter, until all sides slightly browned.
- Insert a meat thermometer (which can be put into oven) into the beef and bake in the oven until meat internal temperature reaches 52•C/126•F for medium rare or your desired temperature, around 30-45 minutes (depends on the thickness of your beef).
- Now, prepare the sauce when the beef is in the oven..
- Sauté onion, then mushrooms on frying pan, add in the soaked porcini, soaking liquid, beef stock (or water) and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Remove the beef from the oven when beef internal temperature reaches your desired beef doneness. Rest the beef in room temperature.
- Add the remaining beef juice, garlic and rosemary (from the steak) into the mushroom sauce and simmer for another 5 min. Add in the cooking cream to thicken the sauce. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Set the sauce with cold butter. Serve the beef with this rich fragrant sauce and your desired vegetables, enjoy😋.
Kobe waygu beef (神戸ビーフ Kōbe bīfu) is Wagyu beef from the Tajima strain of Japanese Black cattle, raised in Japan's Hyōgo Prefecture according to rules set out by the Kobe Beef Marketing and Distribution Promotion Association. The meat is a delicacy, valued for its flavor, tenderness, and fatty, well-marbled texture. Kobe beef can be prepared as steak, sukiyaki, shabu-shabu. How to Cook Flat Iron Steak. The flat iron steak is quite versatile, delicious simply coated in oil and salt and thrown on the grill, as well as cooking after some time in a flavorful marinade.