Chicken Pot Pie. Low Prices on Chicken Pot Pie Dish. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Great Prices On Great Brands. Check Out Great Products On eBay.
Method Put the chicken, stock, cream or milk, celery, leeks, potatoes, garlic and ham into a large saucepan. Combine the chicken, carrot, celery, onion and salt into a large stock pot. Add cold water until just covered and bring to a boil over high heat. You can cook Chicken Pot Pie using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- It’s 6 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts (2.5 lbs).
- You need 2 Cups of sliced/diced carrots.
- Prepare 1 Cup of sliced/diced celery.
- You need 1 Cup of chopped onions.
- It’s 1.5 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Black Pepper.
- You need 3/4 Cup of flour.
- You need 1 Cup of Heavy Cream.
- You need 2 Cups of Chicken broth.
- It’s 1 Cup of Frozen Peas.
- Prepare 2 of Tblsp. Minced Parsley.
- It’s of Enough Pie Dough for 2 bottom crusts and 2 top crusts.
Method First, pour the cider into a medium saucepan, along with the carrots, bay leaf, sprig of thyme and some salt and freshly milled black pepper. Turn up the heat and add the chicken, frying until golden but not fully cooked. Chicken pie filling can be frozen for up to three months. Add pastry to the defrosted filling and bake until the pastry is cooked through and the filling is piping hot.
Chicken Pot Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°. I make sure all ingredients are cut up and measured ahead of time..
- Add butter to large skillet on medium heat. Melt butter, then add chicken pieces, carrots, celery, onion, salt, garlic powder, thyme, and pepper. Stir often and cook until chicken is done..
- Add flour to chicken and vegetables and stir until all flour is moistened. Slowly stir in the cream and then chicken broth. Cook until mixture is bubbling hot and thickens. Stir often..
- Remove pie mixture from heat and stir in frozen peas and parsley. Let mixture cool for about 30 minutes before filling the pie crusts..
- Place bottom pie crusts in both deep dish 9" pie dishes or pans. Spoon cooled pie filling evenly between two pies. Top each pie with a 2nd crust. Seal edges of top and bottom crusts together on each pie. Cut 3-4 slits in top of pie crusts to allow steam to escape during the bake time..
- Apply an egg wash to the top of each pie. (1 large egg, 1 tablespoon water OR milk. I use milk.) Apply with a pastry brush. See how golden brown and shiny crust is? Its the egg wash!.
- Place each pie pan on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes on the bottom rack of the oven. Crust will be golden brown and filling will bubble when pie is done..
- Cool pies for 15 – 30 minutes before cutting and serving. I get six pieces per pie..
- Link to my PIE CRUST RECIPE: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/345384-southern-pie-crust?invite_token=UY35ewXpWDvLCEexbW5huhRF&shared_at=1604953988.
Put the chicken, stock, onion, celery, and lemon zest into a large saucepan. Remove the vegetables from the liquid and set aside. Place potatoes and carrots in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Plus, this homemade chicken pot pie is super easy to prep, making it a great recipe for beginner cooks and busy families alike. Line a pie dish with one sheet of pastry.