Mommas Enchiladas. My mom used this recipe and our whole family loves them. To make them, you first dip the tortillas in red chili enchilada sauce before rolling them up into enchiladas. This way the tortillas all get well coated with the sauce, and when you bake the enchiladas, the sauce will bake into the tortillas to infuse them with flavor.
Now, I won't lie- I'm sort of just doing this post for me. Momma's Enchiladas recipe featured on DesktopCookbook. Ingredients for this Momma's Enchiladas recipe include Ground Chuck, Cheese(shredded), Flour Shells, and Enchilada Sauce. You can cook Mommas Enchiladas using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mommas Enchiladas
- It’s of dairy.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need of topping.
- You need 1 can of Wolfbrand Chilli.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- You need of filling.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Lawrys seasoned salt, or other salt seasoning.
- Prepare 10 of corn tortillas.
- It’s 1/4 of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
Create your own online recipe box. Spicy taco-seasoned chicken is combined with enchilada sauce, green chiles and cilantro, then rolled into a tortilla and sprinkled with lots of ooey gooey cheese. Serve with salsa, guacamole, refried beans and your favorite cerveza or margarita. Top the rolled enchiladas with the remaining can of sauce, remaining cup of cheese and all the green onions.
Mommas Enchiladas step by step
- First brown your ground beef in a salute pan. Drain. Season with Lawrys and Garlic powder..
- Pour oil as needed and chili powder a little at a time in a small frying pan and soften each corn tortilla. Fry them enough until each tortilla is soft enough to roll..
- Stuff each tortilla with some of the ground beef mixture, some shredded cheese and roll the tortilla. Do this to all the tortillas, fry more tortillas as needed. Grab a 8×10 casserole dish, spray with non stick spray and place each enchilada with the rolled seam down..
- Once all tortillas are rolled, warm the chili in a small quart pan until smooth and pourable. This can be done in microwave as well..
- Poor chili all over the rolled tortillas until they are covered. Also use the shredded cheese on top of the enchiladas, as desired..
- Pop the enchiladas in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes, until the enchiladas are warm. Be sure to check as needed so that they don't fry at the bottom, this is a common mistake. Enchiladas can be hard on the bottom if left baking too long..
- Add onions and sour cream on top as garnish when serving..
Ground beef enchiladas in flour tortillas topped with spicy red sauce, cheese and fresh cilantro. Mama's " skinny" enchiladas did not taste at ALL skinny! They were really, really good and filling – plenty of chicken, spicy sauce and tender tortillas. The Mexican rice was good, though it could have used some more veggies and a little bit of spice. The chile mashed potatoes were just, eh, okay – I did expect a little more punch out of them.