Spicy pizza sauce. Add all ingredients and mix well. If using as marinara with pasta or chicken, sauté some onions, fresh tomato, a generous piling of the homemade pizza sauce and let it simmer for a minute before adding freshly cooked pasta. This sauce has a rich, zesty and tomato flavour – which is the ultimate classic flavour of pizza sauce.
In the region where my mother is from, oregano is for pizza sauce, not pasta sauce. Also, don't believe for a minute that either one should be "thick" or "heavy." If you end up with a thick pizza sauce, you're not making anything remotely Italian. For the Sauce: Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. You can have Spicy pizza sauce using 10 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy pizza sauce
- You need 1 (6 oz) of can of Contadina Roma tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of crushed fennel seed.
- It’s 1 tsp of crushed oregano leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
Either Light or Dark Brown Sugar is fine, but the dark brown sugar makes the sauce DEEP red- almost maroon. "The spicy red sauce for the Lucia was created with Calabrian chili peppers – a variety of small, but very flavorful chilis from the Calabria region of Southern Italy. They add a wonderful spice to this pizza – and perfectly complement the creamy ricotta and smoky pepperoni," said Brian Figler, Culinary Manager at MOD Pizza. Hey babes, Quick, what's your favorite pizza sauce? If you said anything other than tomato marinara, you are free to leave.
Spicy pizza sauce instructions
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, let sit while pizza dough rises. No cooking necessary. Will keep in the fridge for a week. Can be frozen..
I love a white sauce, or a pesto, or even a buffalo. Place tomato sauce, tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano and crushed red pepper in large saucepan. Season with salt and pepper, bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, allowing flavors to combine. Stir olive oil into sauce and heat through.