Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce. Place the beef mixture into a slow cooker, and set the cooker to High. Add onion mixture to slow cooker with meat. Stir in sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
Prep pan – Heat half the butter and half the oil in a pan. Add aromatics – Onion, garlic, carrots, celery and saute. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or large skillet over medium heat until shimmering. You can have Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce
- It’s of Olive oil to coat the pan.
- Prepare 2-3 of garlic cloves, sliced in half.
- You need 1-2 Cups of carrot, diced.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 1 Cup of low sodium chicken stock.
- It’s 1 (28 oz) of can of tomato puree.
- You need 1 (28 oz) of can of no sodium crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 (6 oz) of can of tomato paste.
- You need 3 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 3 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1-2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2-3 of bay leaves.
- You need of Ground black pepper for taste.
Bolognese is a meat sauce that's simmered low and slow. It's often seasoned with a splash of wine, garlic, and vegetables like onion, carrot and celery. In many versions, milk is added to help tenderize the meat and make it extra silky and delicious. Transfer everything to the crock of a slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce step by step
- Coat a large frying pan or wok with olive oil, over medium heat. Place the garlic on the hot pan and heat until lightly browned. Once browned, remove from the pan..
- Next, add the carrots to the pan. Heat for about 10 to 15 minutes..
- Once the carrots are fork tender, add the ground beef and ground pork to the pan. Mix altogether until the meat mixture is browned. Transfer the meat mixture to the slow cooker..
- Pour the chicken stock into the pan and allow to simmer. Scrape up all of the brown bits in the pan, into the stock. Take the pan to the slow cooker to pour the stock mixture into it..
- Add all of the other ingredients into the slow cooker, place the lid on it, set the temperature to low, then cook for 6 hours..
- Stir together and then serve over pasta or even try it over spiraled zucchini..
Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, milk, red pepper flakes, bay leaf, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker, and stir to combine everything. Discard the bay leaf, and serve over hot, cooked pasta. The sauce must cook slow and low for three hours, do not boil or the sauce will burn. After three hours remove the bay leaf and add the milk, heat the sauce thoroughly, for a couple of minutes. Mix the pork and sirloin together in a separate bowl, using your hands, until combined.