Homemade Meatballs with Bolognese Sauce. In a mixing bowl, combine the beef, veal, and pork. Add the sauteed the onion and garlic mixture and blend thoroughly. Stir fry until it's fragrant Add in tomatoes, and the tomato sauce, followed by a pinch of oregano, rosemary and thyme and the remaining parsley.
Form into walnut sized balls, and place on an oiled cookie tray, careful not to overcrowd and let the meatballs touch. Homemade Meatballs with Bolognese Sauce is something which I've loved my whole life. To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook Homemade Meatballs with Bolognese Sauce using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Meatballs with Bolognese Sauce
- Prepare 400 gr of ground beef.
- Prepare 100 gr of corned beef.
- It’s 1 of eggs.
- You need 1 cloves of garlic (thinly chopped).
- You need 1 of yellow onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 2 of medium size of tomatoes (chopped).
- You need 2 ounces of parsley (thinly chopped).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of rosemary.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 cup of grated parmesan/cheddar.
- You need 5 tbsp of tomato sauce.
Here is how you can achieve it. ##### The ingredients needed to make Homemade Meatballs with Bolognese. Bring the sauce to a simmer, reduce the heat and simmer gently while you make the meatballs. For the meatballs, mix together the beef, garlic and herbs along with a decent pinch of salt and pepper. This homemade meatball recipe is a Betty classic, and for great reason!
Homemade Meatballs with Bolognese Sauce instructions
- Put the ground beef and corned beef into a large bowl. Add in the thinly chopped of parsley, crack 1 egg and some flour. Season generously with a pinch of salt and white pepper. Mix well.
- Time to shape the balls. Grab a spoonful of the beef, roll them into balls, dip them back in the remaining flour. Put aside.
- Heat up some oil in a large pan. Fry the meatballs until all sides are browned. Pour away any excess fat. Set aside the fried meatballs on a plate.
- Heat up some oil in a pan. Sauté the thinly chopped garlic, followed by the chopped red onion. Stir fry until it's fragrant.
- Add in tomatoes, and the tomato sauce, followed by a pinch of oregano, rosemary and thyme and the remaining parsley. Season generously with a pinch of salt, pour some water and cook over a medium heat for about 5 mins.
- When it's done, pour the bolognese sauce on top of your meatballs. Sprinkle the dish with grated cheese. And now your dish is ready to serve.
- Happy trying ^•^.
For generations, home cooks have relied on this hearty meatball recipe to show some skills the kitchen. All it takes to achieve this meaty main dish is eight basic ingredients. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium low heat and then add the meatballs. Turn meatballs in pan until sides are evenly browned then add in one Jar of Pirro's Marinara Sauce. Serve over traditional pasta or a carb free option like zucchini spaghetti.