Pizza Sauce (revised). Your Favorite Pizza Made By Hand Ready For Contact Free Delivery. The Official Food Of Everything From Tasty Pizzas & Sumptuous Sides To Delicious Desserts Low Prices on Mutti Pizza Sauce. Ladle sauce in two rows down the length of the pizza.
After removing the pizza from the oven, use a small offset spatula or knife to loosen the sides of the crust from the pan. A simple pizza sauce used by many pizzerias. The thickness of the sauce is regulated by the amount of water used; it should be somewhat viscous. You can cook Pizza Sauce (revised) using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pizza Sauce (revised)
- You need 371 g of water-You DO have a gram scale, don't you? :).
- You need 335 of g, (12 oz) can Tomato Paste.
- You need 2 tsp of Freeze Dried Basil (2/3 tsp dried).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Freeze Dried Oregano (2/3 tsp dried).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Fennel seed.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dried crushed Rosemary.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of White Sugar.
Add a tablespoon or so of olive oil into a hot pan over medium-high heat. Throw in the garlic and chopped onions and give them a stir. Empty the contents of the tomato can in a mixing bowl and coarsely crush the tomatoes with a fork or your hands, leaving them just a little chunky. The main difference is that pizza sauce is raw, whereas pasta sauce is cooked.
Pizza Sauce (revised) step by step
- Measure out all ingredients..
- Mix well and pour into 4 containers, about 172g each. I used fresh oyster containers..
- Put into the freezer and thaw for several hours before using..
In the region where my mother is from, oregano is for pizza sauce, not pasta sauce. Also, don't believe for a minute that either one should be "thick" or "heavy." If you end up with a thick pizza sauce, you're not making anything remotely Italian. Pre-cooked and canned sauces tend to dry out on a pizza and the true flavor of the tomatoes becomes dull, while this uncooked sauce keeps it's vibrant tomato flavor and color. Authentic pizza sauce is not cooked until it is put into the oven on pizza. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.