Mely's ultimate enchiladas. When all the corn tortillas are filled and arranged in the baking dish, pour the chili can as a topping on top of the enchiladas. To finish top with a package of shredded cheese. Roll up and place enchilada seam side down in the casserole dish.
Mely Martínez's Enchiladas Verdes (Green Enchiladas) We independently select these products—if you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. These enchiladas are filled with chicken, bathed in a creamy salsa verde, and covered with cheese, before being baked in the oven. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the canola oil and flour. You can have Mely's ultimate enchiladas using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mely's ultimate enchiladas
- Prepare of Ground Meat.
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sofrito (recipe on my recipes) (optional).
- You need 5 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 of adobo or salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need of Topping.
- It’s 1 can of Armour chili with beans, mild.
- It’s 1 packages of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 10 large of corn tortillas or 14 small.
- It’s of Meat filling.
- You need 1 packages of 8 oz cream cheese, softened.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 5 oz of salsa verde (available in the mexican aisle on supermarkets).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of taco sauce, mild.
Pour in the red sauce, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Today I am making cheesy chicken enchiladas my favorite way, baking in the oven. The homemade enchilada sauce gravy and the cheese make this a baked comfort. How to Prepare Favorite Brisket Tacos.
Mely's ultimate enchiladas instructions
- Salt the ground meat to taste with the adobo or salt. Add oil to a pan. If using sofrito, add sofrito and the tomato sauce. Let it cook for about 3-5 mins..
- Add meat to the pan and mix with the sofrito mixture. Cook the ground meat until is done. Set aside..
- In a bowl mix the sour cream, cream cheese, salsa verde, 1 cup of taco sauce and 1/2 of shredded cheese.
- Add the meat to the sauce mixture. Set aside..
- Add 1/2 cup of taco sauce to a 15 x 10 inch Baking Dish..
- Add cooking spray to a pan and "fry" each corn tortilla on both sides and transfer to the baking dish filling each one with 2-3 tablespoons of meat mixture..
- When all the corn tortillas are filled and arranged in the baking dish, pour the chili can as a topping on top of the enchiladas..
- To finish top with a package of shredded cheese..
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 mins or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy!!!.
Hello & welcome to the Views Kitchen! On today's recipe, we will be showing you how to cut a corner using chili powder to make your enchiladas. In Mexico, these Cream Enchiladas are also known as "Encremadas", due to their rich cream sauce. Like with other enchiladas, you can serve them by themselves as a meatless dish or as a side dish for grilled meats. Either way, it is a delicious treat for the whole family, and you will be glad to add this recipe to your weeknight repertoire!