Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce. Place the beef mixture into a slow cooker, and set the cooker to High. Add onion mixture to slow cooker with meat. Stir in sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
Prep pan – Heat half the butter and half the oil in a pan. Add aromatics – Onion, garlic, carrots, celery and saute. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or large skillet over medium heat until shimmering. You can cook Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce
- You need 1 lb of ground meat of choice.
- It’s 2-3 of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 3 stalks of celery, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, peeled and diced.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 28 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of half and half.
- You need to taste of pepper, basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary, sage.
- You need to taste of Parmesan cheese.
Bolognese is a meat sauce that's simmered low and slow. It's often seasoned with a splash of wine, garlic, and vegetables like onion, carrot and celery. In many versions, milk is added to help tenderize the meat and make it extra silky and delicious. Transfer everything to the crock of a slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce step by step
- Brown meat in a pan and drain..
- Add vegetables. Cook until just starting to soften.
- Add half and half and cook it down til it's gone..
- Dump it all into the slow cooker. Add tomatoes and spices..
- Cook on low 8-10 hours. Serve over your favorite starch (pasta, rice, potatoes, whathaveyou).
Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, milk, red pepper flakes, bay leaf, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker, and stir to combine everything. Discard the bay leaf, and serve over hot, cooked pasta. The sauce must cook slow and low for three hours, do not boil or the sauce will burn. After three hours remove the bay leaf and add the milk, heat the sauce thoroughly, for a couple of minutes. Mix the pork and sirloin together in a separate bowl, using your hands, until combined.