Venison Bolognese Sauce. A true Bolognese is just different from a typical meat sauce for pasta: smoother, meatier, mellower and a lot richer than a typical ragu or sugo. A little goes a long way. There is a reason that the guardians of this sauce are so strict about what is and is not an authentic Bolognese.
Italian food is one of my favorites. I happen to think it's one of the easiest cuisine types to incorporate venison into. Heat the oil and butter over medium heat in a large pot, or Dutch oven. You can cook Venison Bolognese Sauce using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Venison Bolognese Sauce
- Prepare 1 lb of ground venison.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced onions.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced garlic (can add more to taste).
- Prepare 1 of carrot,shredded.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 42 oz of can crushed tomatoes undrained.
- You need 1 cup of water.
Cook and stir the onion until it has become translucent, then add the chopped celery and carrot. As with any Bolognese, this gently simmered braise of carrots, onion, celery, mushrooms, and meat melds into a ridiculously rich, creamy sauce that's nothing short of sigh-inducing bliss when piled atop pasta or polenta. This rendition teases lean venison into tender submission. Melt the butter with the oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat.
Venison Bolognese Sauce instructions
- Thaw and drain venison well,it.tends to water down recipes. And cook it along with next 3 ing. In large sauce pot.
- Drain grease and add oregano and next 4 ing. Stir well and add tomatoes and water..
- Bring to a boil,reduce medium low heat and simmer 1 1/2hrs..
- What is not used can be frozen for future use..
Add the meat and turn to brown evenly. Once translucent, add carrots, celery, thyme and oregano and cook until vegetables have just softened. Return browned venison to the pan, add tomato paste, salt and stir well to combine. Add in canned tomatoes, parsley, stock and wine, and stir to combine. Venison Bolognese Recipe This wild game twist on a traditional Italian recipe uses ground venison to create a rich, hearty meat sauce that's ideal served over pasta for the big Sunday family meal.