Chicken Pot Pie. Low Prices on Chicken Pot Pie Dish. A mixture of diced chicken breast, creamy soups, onion, potatoes, carrots, peas and broth is topped with a margarine/flour/milk mixture and baked to warm, wintry perfection. Peel and roughly chop the onions, adding them to the larger pan as you go.
Turn up the heat and add the chicken, frying until golden but not fully cooked. Put the chicken, stock, onion, celery, and lemon zest into a large saucepan. Remove the vegetables from the liquid and set aside. You can cook Chicken Pot Pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- It’s 400 g of chicken.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter or margarine.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of cream.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare To taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Pie crust dough (see above).
- You need as needed of Shredded cheese.
This Creamy Chicken pot pie with puff pastry and vegetables is comfort food bliss! Read on to find out how to ensure you don't get a soggy bottom! I could literally eat it by the ladle full. In fact, I do by the ladle – in the form of my chicken pot pie soup – one of my absolute.
Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- Fry chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Let cool and chop into small pieces..
- Melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, onion, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper..
- Stir in broth, cream, and milk. Let boil, stirring, for one minute. Stir in chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce thickens..
- Heat oven to 225°C (450°F). Roll pie crust dough into a muffin pan or mini cast iron pots. Sprinkle shredded cheese at the bottom and fill with chicken mixture. Cover with pie crust and prick with a fork to let out steam..
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown..
Chicken pie filling can be frozen for up to three months. Add pastry to the defrosted filling and bake until the pastry is cooked through and the filling is piping hot. Combine the chicken, carrot, celery, onion and salt into a large stock pot. Add cold water until just covered and bring to a boil over high heat. Place potatoes and carrots in a large saucepan; add water to cover.