Cheese Enchiladas with Red Chile Sauce. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
We've added some extra creaminess and body with locally popular pinto beans, to cut down on the classic's load of saturated fat. Top with shredded lettuce and minced onion. Take the tortilla and dip it in hot oil or dip it in the red chile sauce and put on plate. You can have Cheese Enchiladas with Red Chile Sauce using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheese Enchiladas with Red Chile Sauce
- You need 2 tsp of Canola oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Mild to medium New Mexican Chile Powder (can use hot but reduce the amount unless you prefer hot).
- It’s 2 cup of Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dried Oregano (Mexican if available).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Plain Yoghurt (I use Greek).
- Prepare 12 of 6 inch Corn Tortillas.
- It’s 2 cup of Shredded Sharp Cheddar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of White Onion, minced.
- You need 1 of Chicken, Beef, Pork (optional).
- It’s 1 can of Pinto Beans (15 oz), drained and rinsed.
Dip a tortilla in the sauce and then lay in the bottom of the dish. Combine cheeses, chilies, onions, and olives in large mixing bowl, tossing gently to thoroughly mix. Restaurant-Style Red Cheese Enchiladas recipe – an old family favorite recipe that is simply the best. Corn tortillas filled with cheese, chile puree, salt & garlic pepper and topped with more cheese!
Cheese Enchiladas with Red Chile Sauce instructions
- To prepare the sauce, heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup onion, cook, stirring until it begins to soften. Stir in garlic and and continue cooking until the onion is translucent. Stir in Chile powder. Add broth, water, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until reduced by about one third. The sauce should be thick enough to coat a spoon lightly..
- Preheat oven to 400?. Coat a 7×11 inch or similar baking dish with cooking spray..
- Mash the pinto beans and combine with yoghurt..
- Spread about 1/4 cup of the sauce in the baking dish. Arrange 4 tortillas, overlapping to cover the bottom. Top with half the bean mixture, spread thinly. Scatter 2/3 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons onions on top of the beans. If using meat, add here. Top with one third of the remaining sauce, 4 tortillas the remaining bean mixture, 2/3 cup of cheese and remaining onion. Spread half of the remaining sauce on top and cover with remaining 4 tortillas. Top with remaining sauce and cheese..
- Bake until hot and bubbly, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving..
Red Enchiladas AKA Mexican Enchiladas How to Make Cheese Enchiladas All you need to make homemade cheese enchiladas is three ingredients: corn tortillas, shredded Mexican cheese blend, and the aforementioned red enchilada sauce. Roll the tortillas around a sprinkling of cheese, line them up in a casserole dish, spread with sauce, then bake. Meet the ultimate, upgraded Tex-Mex Enchiladas: Tortillas, rolled up around a cheddar-based filling and completely enveloped by a rich red chili sauce, then topped with even more melted cheese. Tortillas, rolled up around a cheddar-based filling, are completely enveloped by a brick-red sauce and a generous handful of melted cheese. The sauce is rustic and aromatic, with a haunting cumin aroma and a heat from the chilies that doesn't attack so much as slowly tickle the back of your tongue.