The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Add the butter to the oil in small pieces and when the butter foams, add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic and bay and.
Find your new favourite spaghetti Bolognese recipe here, with six delicious versions to choose from. Comforting and brilliantly easy – spaghetti Bolognese is a familiar dish to many of us. Keep it super-traditional, or include a clever little twist if you're cooking for kids or want to make it veggie. You can cook The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- You need of Main Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of carrots, trimmed and finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of celery sticks, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- You need 2-3 sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped.
- You need 500 g of minced beef.
- You need of Bolognese Sauce.
- You need 2 of x 400g tins plum tomatoes.
- Prepare of Small pack basil, leaves picked (3/4 chopped, rest left whole).
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- You need 2 of fresh/dried bay leaves.
- You need 2 tablespoon of tomato purée.
- You need 2 of beef stock cube.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1 of red chilli, deserved and finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of red grape vinegar.
- Prepare 6 of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half.
- You need 1/3 teaspoon of fresh black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of To season and serve.
- You need 75 g of parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra to serve.
- It’s 400 g of spaghetti.
- Prepare of Crusty bread, to serve.
In a large skillet heat the olive oil. Add the celery and carrot and. Pour stock and milk into pot; add a pinch of salt. Leave to bubble and cook away.
The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe step by step
- Gather and prepare all ingredients.
- Put a large saucepan on a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Reduce the heat and add the two onions, two carrots, two celery sticks, two garlic cloves and the leaves from 2-3 sprigs rosemary, all finely chopped, then fry for 10 mins. Stir the veg often until it softens..
- Increase the hear to medium-high, add 500g minced beef and cook stirring for 3-4 minutes until the meat is browned all over..
- Add two tins of plum tomatoes, the finely chopped leaves from 3/4 small pack basil, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 2 Bay leaves, two tablespoon tomato purse, 1 beef stock cube, 1 deserved and finely chopped red chilli, 1/2 teaspoon of red grape vinegar and 6 halved cherry tomatoes. Stir with a wooden spoon, breaking up the plum tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes stirring occasionally, until you have a rich, thick sauce. In between, add the pinch of sugar for flavor. Don't forget the salt and fresh black pepper.
- Add the 75g grated parmesan cheese, check the seasoning and stir..
- When the bolognese is nearly finished, cook 400g spaghetti following the pack instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti. Serve with more grated parmesan cheese, the remaining basil leaves and crusted bread. And enjoy! 😋.
Scoop out a mug of pasta cooking water and set aside, then drain the pasta. There are many iterations of Bolognese, but most consist of a beef- or pork-based sauce cooked with an aromatic trio of carrots, celery, and onions. The mixture is simmered with white wine, milk or cream, and/or chopped whole tomatoes. Put the oil, butter and chopped onion in the pot and turn the heat on to medium. Cook and stir the onion until it has become translucent, then add the chopped celery and carrot.