Apple Pie. Our classic apple pie takes a shortcut with easy Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust! Baked with a filling of fresh apples and warm spices, there is as much simple joy in preparing this pie as there is in eating it. Each bite makes your friends and family feel warm, cozy and like they're wrapped in a hug.
In a small bowl, combine sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Melt the butter in a saucepan. You can have Apple Pie using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Pie
- You need of Oil Pie Crust.
- It’s 3 Cups of All-purpose Flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Grape Seed Oil or Flavorless Oil of Choice.
- You need 5 Tbsp of Ice Cold Water.
- Prepare 1 of Egg (Egg Wash).
- You need 1 Tbsp of White Sugar (Topping) Optional.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cinnamon (Topping) Optional.
- Prepare of Pie Filling.
- Prepare 5-6 of Large Honey Crisp Apples.
- You need 1 of Lemon (Juice).
- Prepare 1 of Orange (Zest).
- You need 1/2 Cup of White Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of All-purpose Flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Grated Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1-2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter.
Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Apple pie is as all-American as dessert gets. It signifies the start of cozy fall days, and it's the ultimate dessert to kick off the season.
Apple Pie instructions
- Preheat Oven to 425°F. Fill a Cup with Water and Ice. In a Large Mixing Bowl, Combine Flour and Salt. In a Smaller Bowl or Glass Measuring Cup, pour Oil and 5 Tbsp of the Ice Water. Don't mix. Add Oil and Water to the Flour Mixture. Stir with a fork until a ball begins to form. If the Dough is still crumbly, add another Tbsp of Ice Water. Keep adding 1 Tbsp at a time, until the Dough is the right consistency and it holds together. Some crumbles are okay. Don't over wet the Dough..
- Divide the Dough into two equal balls. Put each in an airtight container, & refrigerate for at least 20 Mins. For the first Pie Crust, place one of the Dough Balls between two pieces of wax paper. Roll out Dough evenly, until it's a 12"Circle. Gently peel off top layer of wax paper. Invert a 9" Pie Pan (sprayed with cooking spray or butter) on top of Dough. Make sure it's centered well & there is overhang around the pan. Flip Dough and Pan over together, & then carefully peel off wax paper..
- Peel, Core, & Slice Apples. I like mine about 1/4 in. Put Apples into a Large Mixing Bowl, & add Lemon Juice. Stir well. Add Sugar, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Flour, & Orange Zest. Mix Well. Place Apples in the Pie Crust. Cut butter in cubes, & disperse evenly over Apples. Roll out the other Pie Crust the same way as first, peel wax paper, place on top of Apples..
- Pinch both crusts together all around the edges. Cut off any excess. Fold crust under all the way around the Pie, so that the crust sits evenly against Pie Plate border. Crimp edges as you like. Brush Egg Wash lightly all over the top of the Pie Crust. Sprinkle Sugar & Cinnamon on top. Cut four 2" slits in Crust toward the top center of Pie Crust..
- Cover a Baking Sheet with Aluminum Foil. Place Pie on Baking Sheet. Bake for 55 Mins to 1 Hour. Check Crust Edges after about a half hour. If they are getting too brown, cover edges in Aluminum Foil or a Pie Protector. Allow to Cool for 1 – 3 Hours. The longer you allow it to cool, the better. The filling will have a better chance to thicken up. Enjoy!.
Melt butter in a large saute pan set over medium-high heat and add apples to the pan. Stir to coat fruit with butter and cook, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, whisk together the spices, salt and. Apple Pie Recipes Nothing compares to the warm, flaky crust and sweet, juicy filling of our favorite comfort food: apple pie. Whether you prefer doing everything from scratch or getting a head start with pre-made piecrust, we've got all the recipes you need to satisfy your apple pie cravings.