Skillet pot pie. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Grab your skillet, cook down some carrots + celery + garlic + onion.
Transfer the chicken to a plate. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. You can cook Skillet pot pie using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Skillet pot pie
- You need 2 of small carrots, peeled and diced.
- It’s 1 of medium onion diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of frozen peas (no need to defrost them).
- It’s 1 of potato, par – cooked and diced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 cups of diced or shredded chicken.
- Prepare of salt, pepper to taste.
- You need of optional spice mix: fresh or dried thyme, rosemary, or sage. If dried suggest no more than 1/2 tsp of each.
- You need of Biscuit, pie or crescent roll dough – yes, the kind that comes in the tube!.
Melt the butter in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, salt, and pepper. Remove chicken, keeping all the drippings in the skillet, and let. Want an easy-to-cook dinner the family will love?
Skillet pot pie instructions
- Oven to 375.
- Saute carrot and onion in butter for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add flour and cook the roux for 2-3 minutes. It will start to turn a golden color and will smell really good..
- Add herbs if using. Add stock. It needs to come to a boil and thicken a bit. Should only take a few minutes..
- Remove from heat. Add chicken, peas and potato. Any extra vegetables you have would be delicious. Quicker cooking veggies can go in raw. Veggies that take a while should be par-cooked..microwaves are great for this!.
- Taste for salt. Add if needed. The amount will depend on how salty your stock is..
- Cover the pan with the dough of your choice. Use the instructions that came with the dough you used as a guide for cooking time. For biscuits, bake at 375 for 25 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly. Make sure biscuit is cooked through. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving..
Cook them a chicken pot pie in your cast iron skillet! Newer Post > < Older Post. It's so easy you don't need to even boil. In a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat, heat oil and add thyme, garlic, onions, carrots and celery. Can You Freeze Skillet Beef Pot Pie?