Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Check Out Oldfashioned On eBay. Check Out Great Products On eBay. Put the chicken joints in a large, heavy-based stockpot or saucepan.
Old-Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup is classic American comfort food. Really, does it get any better? Flavorful stock, fresh-cooked chicken, traditional vegetables, and egg noodles lend starchy body to the broth of this favorite soup that's ready in just over an hour. You can cook Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup
- You need 1 of Whole chicken.
- It’s 1 of Bushel of celery.
- You need 1 bag of of carrots.
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- You need 1 carton of of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 jar of of chicken soup base.
- It’s 1 of Bushel of cilantro.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Pepper.
- You need 1 packages of of reames egg noodles OR follow homemade noodle recipe.
- It’s of noodles.
- It’s 3 of Eggs.
- You need 2 cup of of flower.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/3 cup of of water.
Good old fashioned chicken noodle soup is maybe the best example. Getting a deeply flavoured and perfectly seasoned chicken broth is what will make this soup great. This the soup you wish someone would bring you when you have your worst winter cold. A comfort food classic that's both hearty and quick!
Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup instructions
- Fill large stew pot halfway with water..
- Boil whole chicken and remove.
- Add carton of chicken stock to water chicken was boiled in..
- De-skin chicken and remove desired meat from frame, shred into pieces and place in water..
- Chop onion, celery, and carrots. Add to pot. Add pepper, and 1/4 cup chopped cilantro. Simmer until veggies are tender..
- Add soup base to desired flavor..
- Add reames egg noodles and simmer until tender OR follow homemade noodle directions..
- HOMEMADE NOODLES.
- Mix wet ingredients in large bowl.
- Add flour. You may have to add more than 2 cups..
- Knead until a soft but still sticky dough forms. Dust with flour and sprinkle oil on cutting board or counter.
- Roll dough out into a large rectangle. Cut into strips. Noodle sized. Drop immediately into boiling soup and simmer until noodles float..
- Let simmer on low for 5 hours and it is soooooooo good!.
Instructions for making into a vegan or vegetarian option as well. In a large saucepan, saute the carrot, celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, chicken and seasonings; bring to a boil. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Using a large spoon, remove and discard any foam that rises to the top.