Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies *updated*. I've really been craving oatmeal raisin cookies, but can't find my original go-to recipe anywhere. I didn't want to make a ton of coomoes, just a couple dozen, and your recipe is exactly what I needed. To top it all off, definitely soft, cjewy, and tender.
It's buttery, with the faintest waft of cinnamon and plump juicy raisins. There is no chill time for the dough required (yay yay!). These easy oatmeal raisin cookies use simple ingredients that you may already have on hand! You can cook Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies *updated* using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies *updated*
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of softened butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats.
- It’s 1 cup of raisins.
Let's discuss each ingredient and why it's crucial to this recipe: All-Purpose Flour: This provides the structure for your cookies so that they maintain their shape and hold up once they're baked. Soft, chewy, and homemade, these Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are a classic twist on plain Oatmeal Cookies! Lots of raisins with a hint of cinnamon, these are always a hit when I make a batch. A Old Fashioned Classic A good oatmeal cookie is sweet, chewy, and textured with rolled oats.
Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies *updated* step by step
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set it aside..
- In a separate medium bowl, cream together butter and both sugars until well combined. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix well..
- Add all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, gently fold together, do not mix yet. Mix in the oats and raisins until fully combined..
- Cover the cookie dough bowl in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes..
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Line two large cookie trays with parchment paper..
- Once the dough is chilled, remove from the fridge and using a 1 tablespoon scoop, scoop the cookie dough and drop onto the cookie sheets. Gently press down on top of the cookie dough balls to flatten it slightly..
- Bake the cookies at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly brown and the tops are set. Let them cool for 5 minutes before removing from the parchment paper. Enjoy ❤️.
This oatmeal raisin cookie recipe makes cookies that are soft in the middle, a little chewy on the outside and full of warm flavors like cinnamon and vanilla. They are very easy to make and you don't need any fancy equipment – only a hand mixer. Soft and chewy with that trademark homemade flavor, these are the best soft and chewy oatmeal raisin cookies. Made with brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, chewy oats, sweet raisins, and a secret ingredient, this recipe wins for flavor and texture. Your family will love these easy oatmeal raisin cookies!