Fresh Spanish Rice. This simple recipe uses chicken broth and chunky salsa to transform plain white rice into a marvelous side dish. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Saute rice and onions: Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and melt butter.
This Spanish rice calls for fresh tomatoes, onions and bell pepper, but it's really not a lot of work if you're used to making it weekly as I do. This Spanish rice is a family staple. With this recipe, you will make rice similar to that served at Tex-Mex and Mexican restaurants in the United States. You can cook Fresh Spanish Rice using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fresh Spanish Rice
- It’s 1 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 2 cup of steaming hot water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 bunch of cilantro, minced.
- Prepare 2 of medium-large tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare tsp of salt.
You'll often see it called Spanish rice, although there is a key difference between the two—Spanish rice uses saffron to achieve its red color. Summer Fresh Spanish Rice Growing up, Spanish Rice was a dish I've best described as Unstuffed Peppers. Since I could never stuff peppers and actually get the rice to cook, Unstuffed Peppers (Spanish Rice) matched the flavors without all the fuss. Point being: Time in the kitchen can sometimes be limited.
Fresh Spanish Rice instructions
- Heat water, pour over rice in a heat proof bowl, and let rest for 20 minutes..
- Heat oil and garlic in a pan..
- Add drained and rinsed rice. And suate a little before adding the pepper & salt..
- Pour in broth and bring to a simmer, cover and reduce heat..
- After about 20 minutes, uncover add butter and stir..
- Mix in fresh cilantro and tomatoes.
But not the over salted boxed stuff from the store baby – this is real, fresh, and wholesome. I was very happy with my decision. My whole family loved this recipe. Spanish Rice Bake Haiku: "Yawn this was boring. I would add alot of stuff.