Cajun Chicken Pasta. Your favourite Chicken restaurants available on Deliveroo. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl; toss to coat.
Add the chicken and toss well to coat evenly with the spice mixture. This recipe is perfect if you're following a calorie controlled diet, and fits well with any one of the major diet plans such as Weight Watchers. Season generously on both sides with Cajun seasoning. You can cook Cajun Chicken Pasta using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cajun Chicken Pasta
- You need 1 lb of chicken diced.
- It’s 2 of red peppers.
- You need 1 of medium red onion.
- You need 3 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 3-4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 4-6 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- You need 3-6 tsp of cajan seasoning (we use Badia).
- Prepare 1 box of pasta (we like penne).
Heat a large frying pan and add a splash of oil. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a heavy bottom skillet or sauce pan, heat the olive oil. Cook the chicken until the edges are golden and the chicken is cooked through.
Cajun Chicken Pasta instructions
- Put water on to boil for the pasta..
- Sauté garlic and onions with the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until garlic is fragrant..
- Season chicken with paprika (optional) and add to skillet. Cook over medium heat..
- Add pasta once water is boiling and cook to al dente. Reserve some pasta water to thin out sauce if needed..
- Once chicken is cooked through add cream cheese, heavy cream, and cajan seasoning. Stir frequently and cook until cream cheese is fully melted and incorporated into the sauce..
- Add red peppers and parmesan cheese and cook until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling..
- Mix pasta in with sauce and add pasta water as needed to thin sauce. Add additional parmesan cheese and cajan seasoning to taste and enjoy!.
Remove to a plate while you make everything else. Combine the ingredients for the Cajun seasoning in a small bowl. Place the cubed chicken in a bowl, pour the Cajun seasoning over top, and stir to coat the chicken in spices. Add the olive oil and butter to a large deep skillet. How to make Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta (quick summary) Fry mushrooms in leftover chicken oil.