Corn dog, no corn.
You can cook Corn dog, no corn using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Corn dog, no corn
- It’s of hotdogs.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 cup of flour.
- You need of spices,salt n black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 of lot of oil.
- You need of deep small pan or deep frying pan.
Corn dog, no corn step by step
- Chop hotdogs in half if they are large. Stick in wooden grill sticks, more than half way to hold well.
- Mix: eggs, milk, flour, spices, baking powder, to make a smooth but thick batter like pancake mix. Put it in a long cup so you can dip to coat the whole hotdog.
- Heat the oil on high or medium high heat. Try out a drop of the batter if it floats to the top and starts cracking then you're ready to fry.
- Dip the hotdog one at a time in the long cup and coat all the way to the top end, when it fries the coating rises evenly. Make sure not to swirl it too much so the batter doesn't drop. You'll put it in the oil right away head to toe.
- The coat is not supposed to drip on the oil because once you stick it in, the coating will be held together by the heat, leave each one or two for about 3-4 minutes or till it Browns, if you feel it's browning too fast at any point of frying them, lower the heat.
- If you put two together make sure they don't come close to each other. And if you keep it long enough the hotdogs cook well and expand it's alright..