Beef Hand Pies. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Looking For Mincemeat Pies? We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Instructions In a medium frying pan on medium heat, add the Ground Beef and spices.
I like to add a couple of more ingredients to mine: cheese, Pasta Sauce, and bacon bits. Prep the meat hand pies for the bake. Poke a few holes into the top of the hand pies using a fork, then brush with the egg. You can have Beef Hand Pies using 20 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Hand Pies
- It’s of Pie Shells————–.
- You need 7 Bowl of Pie Shells and Tops see my recipe.
- It’s of Filling———————.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground sirloin.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cultured buttermilk.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/3 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of saffron flowers.
- You need Pinch of saffron threads.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 of small onion diced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of extra Virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need of Egg wash———————-.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of water.
- It’s of Topping—————.
- You need As needed of kosher salt.
Transfer the hand pies to a baking sheet lined with a nonstick baking mat OR parchment paper. Then place the baking sheet in the freezer until baking time. How To Make Beef And Potato Hand Pies/Cornish Pasties Mix together the leftover roast beef and potatoes then pour over some leftover beef cooking juices. You may have to reform and roll the dough between cuttings to get all four circles.
Beef Hand Pies step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the oil, rice, saffron flowers, saffron threads, and onions to a pan. Stir till oil coat everything..
- Add the ground sirloin and stir well. Cover and brown..
- Add the sugar and spices when browned. Stir well..
- Add the water stirring occasionally. Cover. Keep simmering. When you first add the water scrape the bottom of pan to get the flavors off the bottom..
- Set the bowls onto a parchment paper lined baking pan..
- When the rice is done stir in the tomato paste and taste adjust the flavors..
- Add the buttermilk this soured milk will be just right. If you don't have buttermilk, thin a little sour cream or plain yogurt with some water. Simmer and cover remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes undisturbed..
- Then fill the dough bowls..
- Take the tops and seal the bowls..
- Beat the egg with the teaspoon of water. I used my egg wash at room temperature..
- Cut three small slits into the top of each bowl..
- Brush the tops and sides of the bowls with egg wash. Sprinkle the tops with a wee bit of kosher salt..
- Bake in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes till browned..
- Let cool you can eat these at room temperature, hot, or cold..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
These meat pies are savory and delicious beef hand pies that are similar to empanadas. These are a delicious snack that also make for a quick yet hearty lunch. They are better made in bulk because they vanish quickly! This recipe may take a little bit of time, but it is quite delicious and totally worth it. Beef and Cheddar Hand Pies Recipe