Spicy Minced Beef Enchiladas. Ground beef enchiladas in flour tortillas topped with spicy red sauce, cheese and fresh cilantro. Brown the mince with the onion and green pepper in a frying pan. In a small bowl or cup mix together the tomato puree, oregano, cumin, paprika, chilli powder, water and salt.
Plus there's a can of stewed tomatoes to help bind everything together and add more tomato flavor. A can of beef broth gives the tomato sauce a rich flavor. Lean Ground Beef and Chorizo Pork Sausage. You can cook Spicy Minced Beef Enchiladas using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Minced Beef Enchiladas
- Prepare 500 grams of beef mince.
- You need 1 of onion (chopped).
- It’s 1 of green pepper (chopped).
- You need 1 clove of garlic (chopped).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of marjoram or oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 3 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 400 grams of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 8 of corn tortillas.
- Prepare 55 grams of grated cheese.
To give the enchiladas their protein content, the recipe uses lean ground beef and chorizo pork sausage. It wouldn't be a good enchilada without a hearty amount of veggies in there though, so it also includes chopped onion and tomatoes, garlic cloves, celery, and carrot as well. It's a great make-ahead dish for a potluck or big family dinner. And if you prepare the sauce in advance, it's doable on a weeknight, too.
Spicy Minced Beef Enchiladas step by step
- Brown the mince with the onion and green pepper in a frying pan. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute..
- In a small bowl or cup mix together the tomato puree, oregano, cumin, paprika, chilli powder, water and salt..
- Add the tomatoes and 2 tbsp the tomato sauce to the mince and simmer for 15 minutes. Add a little water to the remaining sauce to thin it a little..
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4..
- Cover and warm the tortillas in a microwave for 30 seconds. Spread a little mince in the centre of each tortilla, roll up and place in a lightly greased baking dish. Top with the remaining sauce and the grated cheese and bake for 10 minutes until golden..
- For extra spice add some chopped jalapenos to the cheese before baking..
Dry fry the minced meat in a pan on a medium heat until it is browned all over, breaking apart large chunks with a fork as you go. Add the meat to the vegetables along with a tin of chopped tomatoes. Season well with salt and pepper. Tortillas filled with seasoned beef, onions, and peppers, and topped with spicy enchilada sauce and cheese…yum! Enchiladas are best served with refried beans and spanish rice.