Almond and Sorghum meal Muffins. Buy Extra Fine Ground Almonds & Almond Meal Online. Good Source Of Protein & Healthy Fats. Use Blanched Almond Meal To Bake Cakes, Cookies, Muffins, Bread, Crackers & Much More Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Almond and Sorghum meal Muffins Nwanne.
Add the honey, oil, and eggs and stir with a spoon until well combined. Eggs, honey and oil mixed with dry ingredients. Add carrots, zucchini and walnuts, if you are using, and mix until evenly distributed. You can cook Almond and Sorghum meal Muffins using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Almond and Sorghum meal Muffins
- You need 138 grams of Sorghum flour.
- Prepare 128 grams of Almond meal.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of psylium husk. Original recipe calls for Xanthan gum.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Baking soda.
- It’s 56 grams of Tapioca/Potato Starch. I used Corn starch.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of Sour cream.
- You need 2-3 of Egg whites.
- Prepare 260 grams of Light brown sugar. I used 200 grams Xylitol.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla.
- You need 120 ml of – 180ml Warm water.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Fresh lemon juice. I used vinegar.
- Prepare of I added a generous helping of mixed dried fruit and chopped cherries.
You may use either white or red sorghum, or the combination of the two in this recipe. Red sorghum is harder and therefore results in crunchier muffins. I like to use half red and half white in this recipe. Ground almonds (that is usually called almond flour) would also work in this recipe.
Almond and Sorghum meal Muffins step by step
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.In a mixing bowl, add the first 7 ingredients and mix together thoroughly..
- Make a well in the centre, then add sugar, eggs, sour cream, oil, vanilla, lemon juice and warm water. You want your mix to look like a slightly thickened cake batter. Add your choice of fruit..
- Bake in your preheated oven for 23 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the muffin should come out clean..
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes and then on a cooling rack..
These sorghum muffins, I promise you are quite the opposite – bananas, milk, olive oil and flax eggs give the muffins a vanilla-scented, tender crumb. If you want to go vegar, substitute the milk with almond or soy milk. Almond flour muffins are light and fluffy muffins that are naturally low carb and grain free! We love our almond flour desserts around here. Our favorites include a mug cake, brownies, and these almond flour muffins.