Saffron Milk Cake (tres leches). Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Download a free audiobook from Audible. Steps Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in a big mixing bowl Using a mixer, Mix the egg and sugar and vanilla extract until lightly colored Add then the oil and milk with saffron (tip: soak the saffron in the milk before to get extra flavor) Saffron Milk Cake is the Middle Eastern version of the famous tres leches cake (also known as three milk cake). But this dessert is not just any dessert.
Thandai Tres Leches Cake Getting reviews. Thandai, an Indian milk-based nut drink spiced with cardamom and saffron, is associated with the Holi, the Hindu festival of color. Here is how you achieve it. You can have Saffron Milk Cake (tres leches) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Saffron Milk Cake (tres leches)
- Prepare of milk.
- You need of saffron.
- It’s of All purpose flower.
- It’s of baking powder.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of room temperature eggs.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of corn oil.
- It’s of The 3 Milks (tres leches).
- It’s of milk.
- It’s of Evaporated milk.
- Prepare of condensed sweetened milk.
- Prepare of Topping.
- It’s of Whipped cream.
- It’s of Saffron for decoration.
The ingredients needed to cook Saffron Milk Cake (tres leches): Prepare of milk. Saffron Milk Cake This Saffron Milk Cake is is the most delicious version of Mexican Tres Leches Cake. Tres Leches Saffron Milk Milk#treslechecake#milkcake#saffroncake It is a creative mashup of Rasmalai sweet and Tres leches cake – A cardamom scented sponge cake is soaked with the saffron and cardamom flavored three milks. It is then topped with a homemade ricotta whipped frosting.
Saffron Milk Cake (tres leches) instructions
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in a big mixing bowl.
- Using a mixer, Mix the egg and sugar and vanilla extract until lightly colored.
- Add then the oil and milk with saffron (tip: soak the saffron in the milk before to get extra flavor).
- Pour the batter to your baking pan and bake for 20 minutes until golden, bring the cake out and using a toothpick make small holes all over.
- Mix all 3 types of milk together and pour over the cake.
- Whip the whipping cream till fluffy, start with the mixer on low and then increase.
- Spread the whipping cream on top and scatter the saffron for decoration.
As far as the milk mixture goes, I omit the whole milk and just blend together the three milks (hence the name Tres Leches) heavy cream, evaporated milk, and condensed milk together. After you have punched holes into the made cake, pour half the milk mixture into the cake. Add the saffron and cardamom powder and mix well. Take the cake in a plate, and poke holes on the top throughout the surface using a fork or toothpick. Pour the milk over the cake such that it soaks up most of it.