[Mexican Cuisine] Enchiladas (Burritos). Great recipe for [Mexican Cuisine] Enchiladas (Burritos). Stir in flour until a smooth; gradually stir in water. These crab and shrimp stuffed enchiladas taste like the ones served at a popular Mexican restaurant in my area.
There are just so many amazing combinations of beans, meat, and cheese, after all. Maybe you've got it narrowed down to two choices—a burrito and an enchilada. While both entrees are wrapped in tortillas and taste delicious, what exactly separates the two? You can have [Mexican Cuisine] Enchiladas (Burritos) using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of [Mexican Cuisine] Enchiladas (Burritos)
- It’s 4 of Tortillas (17 cm).
- Prepare 200 grams of Pork (or beef or chicken).
- Prepare 2 of Green peppers.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of Onion.
- You need 1 of Jalapeño pepper (or red chili pepper).
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of for frying Oil.
- You need of For the sauce:.
- You need 400 grams of Canned tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of Grated onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chili powder.
- You need 5 of shakes Dried Mexican oregano.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Chocolate syrup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper.
- It’s of Toppings:.
- You need 1 of Sliced black olives.
- Prepare 1 small of Tomato.
- You need 200 ml of Pizza cheese (or cheddar).
- Prepare 1 of Fresh coriander.
- You need 1 of Sour cream (or yogurt with lemon juice).
The enchilada is usually made with corn tortillas and the burrito is made with flour is one of the main differences between enchiladas and burritos. You eat enchiladas with a fork is the second difference between the two. Burritos can be handheld food and the size difference is significant. Combination of four enchiladas – one ground beef, one pulled chicken, one cheese and one bean.
[Mexican Cuisine] Enchiladas (Burritos) instructions
- Cut the pork, bell peppers, and onion into 1 cm-wide bite-sized slices. Grate the garlic. Slice the jalapeño peppers into rounds..
- Stir-fry the vegetables etc. from Step 1 in a frying pan. Season with salt and pepper. After they are cooked, add the ingredients of the sauce in the listed order. *Taste to adjust the amount of salt..
- Lightly grease a baking dish. Fold the 4 tortillas in half and line them up. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F..
- Divide the vegetables from Step 2 into fourths. Use tongs to fill the tortillas and fold both ends. Pour the remaining sauce from Step 2 over the top..
- Top with cheese, tomato, and black olives in that order. Bake in the oven until the cheese gets bubbly (approximate 8 minutes)..
- Decorate with fresh coriander and enjoy! Dish it up and serve with sour cream..
- Enjoy with salads or side vegetables..
- [My Husband's Creation] Also simple and tasty without any sauce. He's also added tomatoes into the filling as well as used them as topping..
- [My Husband's Creation] Enchilada arranged on a dish..
Covered with enchilada sauce, lettuce, cheese, sour cream and fresh tomatoes. Three enchiladas filled with fresh spinach cooked with seasoned in a saute pan. Topped with cheese and salsa verde. Enjoy fresh, authentic enchiladas, tacos and burritos at Mexico Viejo. The second difference between the two is that you eat enchiladas with a fork.