Mutton stew recipe served with noodles. Great recipe for Mutton stew recipe served with noodles. Today i am cooking Kenyan mbuzi, trust me it is as delicious as it looks. It leaves you craving for more.
Mound the remaining noodles on top, making a well in the center. If you prefer a creamy mutton stew, you can add fresh cream, coconut cream or coconut milk. Feel free to garnish the stew with finely chopped coriander or mint leaves. You can have Mutton stew recipe served with noodles using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mutton stew recipe served with noodles
- You need 1 of onion Chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic gloves (Crushed).
- You need 1/4 kg of mutton meat.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of pepper. (pilipili).
- It’s 1 packet of Boiled Noodles.
- You need 10 ml of oil.
You can add any combination of veggies that you like to this stew. Serve the stew hot with whole-wheat noodles, fried or steamed rice. Lamb vegetable noodle stew, called Lagman, is a popular comfort food in Central Asian countries. This stew has Chinese origins and has a long history of being a staple of oriental cuisines from the Great Silk Road.
Mutton stew recipe served with noodles step by step
- Heat oil over medium heat. stir in the onions and garlic and cook untill the onions become translucent- about 5 minutes.
- Add the mutton and stir untill all sides of the meat have browned. Add tomato paste and allow to cook for about 10 minutes..
- Then add water reduce heat to medium- low and allow to simmer. This should go on for about 20 minutes while checking to make sure the water does not run out..
- When the meat is beginning to become tender, season with salt and pepper. Adjust the seasoning as needed and whisk in the butter just before serving to make the sauce richer..
- Serve with boiled Noodles.
Savory and delicious, lagman can be served as a stew, soup, or pasta dish. It all depends how you wish to serve it. If desired, serve with noodles or rice. Freeze option: Freeze cooled stew in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight.