Yellow Split Pea-Sweet Potato Corn Chowder. Low Prices on Sweet Potato Wraps. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Garden At Home With Sarah Raven, Wide Range of Products Available Online Great recipe for Yellow Split Pea-Sweet Potato Corn Chowder. Vegan – Savory Fall Soup – a healthy plant based recipe.
Throw in ginger and garlic, and corn. Stir in the broth, split peas, potato, corn, paprika, and salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Sweet Potato, Split Pea, Corn Chowder. You can cook Yellow Split Pea-Sweet Potato Corn Chowder using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yellow Split Pea-Sweet Potato Corn Chowder
- You need 1 lb of dry yellow split peas, rinsed.
- Prepare 2 of sweet potatoes, pealed and diced (approx 4 cups).
- Prepare 1 of red onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 cup of frozen yellow corn.
- It’s 1 of green Granny Smith apple, cored and diced.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño, diced (optional).
- You need 8 cups of water.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of ginger, fresh minced.
- You need 1 Tbs of garlic, fresh minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of corse sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chipotle powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of tumeric.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 4 springs of fresh Italian Parsley, diced.
- It’s of Diced green onions, garnish.
Stir in the broth, split peas, potato, corn, paprika, and salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Tip in the pepper and potato, and pour in ½ litre boiling water with the bouillon and remaining thyme. Add the garlic and spices and stir for a further minute. Pour in the stock, split peas, potato, corn and season with salt and pepper.
Yellow Split Pea-Sweet Potato Corn Chowder instructions
- Saute onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño in olive oil, until soft. Add some water to keep moist or from sticking to pan..
- Add ginger and garlic and continue to sauté for a few minutes..
- Add sweet potatoes and apple and a little water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add split peas, 8 cups of water, bay leaves and bring to boil. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Add the remainder of ingredients: corn, thyme, chipotle, paprika, tumeric, nutmeg, and salt..
- Continue to simmer on medium heat for 20 Minutes.
- Add ground pepper or more salt to taste and fresh Italian parsley. Remove bay leaves at this time..
- Blend in batches, leaving 1/4 of soup in the pot, and blend until smooth and stir puréed soup back in pot with the remaining batch. Bring to boil and remove from heat. Should be nice and thick..
- Garnish with diced green onions, enjoy..
- Nutrition per 1 cup serving.
Add peppers, potato, split peas, vegetable broth and bay leaves and bring to a boil. Stir in the broth, split peas, potato, corn, paprika, and salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Use an immersion blender to partially puree the soup, or puree about half of it in a regular blender and return it to the pot. All you'd need to do is fry up the bacon, crumble it up, and add it to the stock pot when you add the corn and potatoes. Start by grabbing a large soup pot and boiling some water for the potatoes.