Mongolian Ground Beef. How To Make Easy Mongolian Ground Beef Recipe: Start by browning some hamburger along with garlic and ginger in a skillet. Combine some soy sauce, brown sugar and hoisin sauce in a small dish and add to the ground beef and heat through. Stir in a mixture of cornstarch and water to thicken the sauce.
Mongolian ground beef is another version of the Mongolian beef which is a very popular Chinese-American restaurant dish, originated in Taiwan and recreated in America. In the original recipe, the beefsteak is cut into thin slices and cooked with a sweet and savory sauce. Ground beef recipe are a go to for us during the week and aside from the popular Korean Ground Beef we're a big fan of Mongolian Beef, our favorite takeout copycat food. You can have Mongolian Ground Beef using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mongolian Ground Beef
- It’s 1 lb. of ground beef.
- It’s 6 of green onions, sliced.
- Prepare 4 T. of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 T. of hoisin sauce.
- You need 1 T. of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of Sriracha hot sauce (more if you want it spicy).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of ginger powder.
- Prepare 1 T. of cornstarch.
- You need 2/3 c. of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of toasted sesame oil.
- Prepare of Toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional).
How to make Ground Mongolian Beef? Combine ground beef, garlic, shaoxing wine and black pepper in a mixing bowl and set aside. In a small mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, chicken stock (or water), sambal, chili garlic sauce and corn starch and set aside. Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat, add oil and beef mixture.
Mongolian Ground Beef instructions
- Prep the sauce by whisking together everything except the ground beef, green onions, sesame oil, and sesame seeds. Set the sauce aside..
- If you're going to garnish with sesame seeds, toast them now. Over medium heat, in the large skillet you're going to cook the recipe in, toast a single layer of seeds. Keep a constant eye on them, tossing to evenly brown. They can burn easily and quickly, so don't leave unattended. They "pretty up" the dish, but don't really add to the flavor, so don't fret if you want to leave them out..
- In your large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef. Drain excess fat. Add the sauce mixture and cook another minute or two while stirring. Remove from heat. Stir in toasted sesame oil and green onions..
- Serve over jasmine rice garnished with toasted sesame seeds, if desired..
Mongolian beef is made with steak (usually flank steak) that is coated in a starch (like corn starch or arrowroot) to make it crispy and then combined with a soy sauce-based sauce and green onions. It's a flavorful and hearty dish that tastes great with rice and veggies! Last week I decided I really wanted to make Mongolian Beef at home since it has long been one of my favorite Asian take-out staples. Then a funny thing happened, I realized I. In a medium skillet with high sides on the stovetop, brown the ground beef along with the ginger and garlic until beef is cooked through.