Homemade Meat Balls in Spaghetti cups. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat. Divide spaghetti into prepared muffin tin and make a well in the center of each.
When it boils, add salt and pasta and cook to al dente. Mix beef and Worcestershire, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. While the meatballs bake, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the broken spaghetti pieces according to package directions. You can cook Homemade Meat Balls in Spaghetti cups using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Meat Balls in Spaghetti cups
- Prepare of B. Meat Balls (browned).
- Prepare of Store bought or homemade.
- It’s of Homemade meat balls recipe (browned).
- Prepare of Ground meat (beef/lamb).
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chicken bullions/chicken seasoning powder.
- You need 1/2 c of panko bread crumb.
- You need 1/4 c of parmesan.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare of Meatball sauce/gravy.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of finely minced brown onions.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of bolognese sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of chicken seasoning powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce.
- Prepare To taste of – ground pepper.
- Prepare of A. Spaghetti Cup.
- You need 350 g of spaghetti.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- You need 1 cup of bolognese sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need of Cooking spray (spray muffin tray).
In a large pot over medium. Place ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Then, use a large wooden spoon or your hands to thoroughly mix, combining all ingredients. I recommend using your hands as it's faster and easier.
Homemade Meat Balls in Spaghetti cups instructions
- Start with the meat balls – brown store bought meatballs or if using homemade meatballs, here s the recipe for meatballs: In a large bowl, combine ground meat with the rest of the ingredients. Roll into balls. Note not to overwork the meat as it tends to get dry..
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Brown meatballs, then drain fat. Set aside..
- For the sauce – In the same skillet, add some olive oil. Sauté finely minced brown onion until translucent. Pour 1 1/2 cups of bolognese sauce, add garlic powder, season with sweet chilli sauce, chicken seasoning powder/bouillon and some pepper. Stir to mix. Taste and adjust accordingly. Add meat balls & stir to coat. let simmer for 5 – 6 minutes. Keep aside..
- Preheat oven to 170°C (Overly high temperature will brown/burn the spaghetti, making the edges hard & crispy)..
- Next, for the spaghetti cup – Cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain and rinse under tap water; put aside. In a large bowl, combine eggs, shredded mozzarella, grated Parmesan, bolognese sauce & tomato ketchup. Mix well to combine. Pour this egg mixture over cooked spaghetti. Spray muffin tray with cooking spray. Then Arrange spaghetti inside. Use a shot glass create a well..
- Bake for 10 minutes or until set. Once set, leave nest to cool slightly so it holds its shape nicely. Use spoon to transfer out the nest on serving platter. Spoon meat ball onto spaghetti nest. We sometimes place each nest in a small/mini ramekin for easy serving & warm it up in microwave for 30-45sec. Serve with extra grated cheese & bolognese sauce..
Once combined, heat olive oil in a large skillet or cast iron over medium heat. In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent. Stir in tomatoes, salt, sugar and bay leaf. In small bowl, stir together ketchup, brown sugar and mustard until smooth. Pour half of ketchup mixture into meat and mix until thoroughly combined.