Stuffed courgettes. Make the most of seasonal produce by pairing courgettes with delicious fillings, such as cheese, breadcrumbs, herbs and mince. Karen's stuffed courgette recipe makes the most of seasonal round courgettes, available from most good greengrocers. This recipe makes a wonderfully light lunch dish as it uses minced chicken, but feel free to adapt to your tastes; using beef mince for a more hearty flavour or cooked rice if catering for vegetarians.
Salt the inside of the courgettes before filling, and then drain the water that will form inside. Remove from the oven and serve with the lid still resting on top of the filling. Stuffed courgettes is a traditional greek food that you can find in many variations also in turkey, and middle eastern countries. You can cook Stuffed courgettes using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed courgettes
- Prepare 4-5 tablespoon of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of Parmesan.
- Prepare 1 of courgette/ person.
- You need of Ragú (Bolognese sauce) – check out my ragú recipe on my feed.
As this part of the world really likes to stuff vegetables and cook them, this dish couldn't be missing from a greek food menu. Reserve the pulp, and chop lightly. Easy baked French round zucchini stuffed with minced meat (Courgette ronde farcie à la viande hachée) – rich in flavor, kid-friendly and perfect for feeding a crowd. Here is the step-by-step tutorial for Middle Eastern Stuffed Zucchini (scroll down for the print-friendly recipe) In a large bowl, combine the stuffing ingredients of rice, ground beef, fresh parsley, dill, diced tomatoes, water, olive oil and spices.
Stuffed courgettes step by step
- Pre-heat the oven on 180degrees. Start by washing and chopping the lid off the courgettes.
- With a spoon remove the inside of the courgette to create a hole and put all the flesh removed aside.
- Cook the courgettes in the oven for 25 min or so, place the courgettes upside down so that any water drains away on the tray. Leave the "lid" of the courgettes out of the oven for now..
- Chop the flesh of the courgettes that you have removed and cook it in a pan with some oil. Add salt to help removing the water from the courgettes. Leave to cook for 10-15min stirring often and drain away any water (I used a colander). When most of the water has been removed add the ragu and stir until hot..
- Mix the parmesan with the breadcrumbs in a bowl..
- When the courgettes are soft remove them from the oven and fill them with the ragu sauce. Top it with the breadcrumbs and parmesan mixture. Put the lid on the tray (not on top of the courgettes yet as it will burn otherwise) and put the whole of the tray in the oven..
- Cook for 15-20 min. To serve place the lid delicately back on top of the courgettes..
These vegan stuffed courgette boats make such a hearty, super flavoursome and healthy dish full of nutrients. If you're looking for an easy low carb meal which you can make in big batches, this recipe is for you. There are many ways to cook courgettes, however these vegan stuffed courgette boats make one of our favourite mains. Sausage and Herb Stuffed Courgettes are a meat lovers best compromise to enjoying some vegetables in their protein packed diets. I'm not the biggest fan of green vegetables, however, these stuffed courgettes are to die for!