Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Cookies. In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture.
Bite after bite, the flavor is a warm blend of nutty oats and brown sugar, with hints of cinnamon and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the raisins, pecans and chocolate chips. You can have Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Cookies using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- You need 1 cup of butter (softened).
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar (packed).
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 6/7 cup of flour.
- You need 3 cup of old fashioned oats.
- You need 1 cup of raisins.
Semi-firm butter will help cookies spread less. Light brown sugar and granulated sugar. The combination gives a soft chewy cookie, and the brown sugar adds a light caramel-y flavor. Beat in the eggs, honey and vanilla.
Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Cream butter and sugars..
- Beat in eggs, followed by remaining ingredients..
- Drop by spoonfuls or cookie scoop onto baking sheet. Bake for 11 – 12 minutes..
In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars until fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla until well blended. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder and nutmeg in a bowl. These Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Cookies are an all butter oatmeal cookie that requires no chilling. Their taste is phenomenal and they stay soft for days!