My Orange Chicken. For the sauce: Meanwhile, put the orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, salt, crushed red pepper, garlic and. My Chinese Orange Chicken is sticky, sweet and tangy. I'm going to show you how to get succulent crispy chicken pieces and plenty of that delicious orange sauce.
Combine flour, cornstarch, and a pinch of salt in a shallow dish or pie plate (affiliate link). Beat the eggs in a separate shallow dish. Now, for orange chicken (and other similar sticky chicken dishes), the coating for the chicken is key! You can have My Orange Chicken using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Orange Chicken
- It’s 4-5 of boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ginger powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need of Canola oil for frying.
- You need of Orange Chicken Sauce.
- You need 3/4 cup of orange juice (I used 3 Oranges).
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of grated ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s of Red pepper flakes (optional).
- Prepare of Sesame seeds for topping (optional).
- It’s 1 of orange (zested).
I do the back-and-forth-between-the-two-halves-of-the-shell thing, but you can separate the whites however your heart, soul, or family tradition dictates. Orange chicken, made of boneless succulent chicken pieces, tastes very delicious. The tender, juicy yet crispy chicken pieces when smothered in an authentic Chinese orange sauce, creates a taste that will make you lick your fingers. Stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, and red pepper flakes.
My Orange Chicken instructions
- Dice the chicken into 1/2 inch pieces and place in a bowl. Add in the flour, corn starch, salt, black pepper, onion powder, paprika, and ginger powder to coat the chicken..
- In a deep drying pan, bring the oil to medium-high heat. Fry the chicken until golden brown. Takes about 2-3 minutes..
- Meanwhile, whisk all the sauce ingredients and a bowl. Transfer to a hot skillet or frying pan and cook on low-heat, simmering until the sauce thickens up..
- Transfer the fried chicken to the sauce and mix to coat well. Let the sauce and chicken simmer together for 1-2 minutes and then remove from heat..
- Serve with white rice. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions. (optional).
This Chinese Orange Chicken is made with boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces, dredged, and then fried until golden and crispy. It is a sweet orange sauce made with orange juice, vinegar, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, red chili flakes, and orange zest. This Orange Chicken is about to become one of your weeknight favorites. Our version of the Chinese-American staple is pan fried, which saves you time and energy instead of deep frying. What Breed Or Gender is This?