Orange Chicken – Instant Pot. Vivariums, Lighting, Heating, Thermostats, Frozen & Live Food, Accessories & Much More. Order Directly Online Or Download Our App. Add to the Instant Pot® and stir to combine.
Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed. Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOKfunction*. Instant Pot Orange Chicken is healthier than takeout and easy to make using your Instant Pot. You can cook Orange Chicken – Instant Pot using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Orange Chicken – Instant Pot
- It’s 2 lbs of chicken breast cut into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/4 c of orange juice.
- Prepare 1/3 of White or yellow onion chopped large.
- You need of sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 c of orange juice.
- You need 1 of tbps hot sauce or taco sauce.
- It’s 1 of tbps white wine.
- Prepare 1/3-1/2 c of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/4 c of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of curry and ginger powder mixed as you see fit.
- Prepare 1/4 c of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 c of brown sugar.
- You need of Orange zest.
- You need of thickener.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of orange juice.
- You need of garnish.
- You need 1/2 c of cashews.
- You need of Green onion – chopped.
- It’s of Orange zest.
- You need of rice.
- Prepare of Make some white rice or brown rice or a rice packet.
- It’s of Enough rice to be happy.
Made with fresh orange juice and orange zest for great flavor. We love using Instant Pot to make easy and delicious dishes. Our Pressure Cooker Orange Chicken is the most popular recipe on the blog. Then turn off the Instant Pot.
Orange Chicken – Instant Pot instructions
- Dry chicken breasts with paper towels, make them dry. Don't skip this. Chop chicken into 1-2in chunks..
- Turn instant pot to saute on high (more). When it is at Hot, add the oil, chopped onion and chopped chicken. Stir constantly until chicken is just browned on all sides..
- Add the 1/4c orange juice and deglaze the pot with a wooden spoon. When done, cancel the instant pot..
- Add the sauce ingredients to sauteed chicken. Add everything under sauce section and stir until combined and over all chicken pieces..
- Manual pressure cook for 6 minutes. Natural release 10-12 minutes. While your waiting, make the thickener… Mix the cornstarch and orange juice until all clumps are gone. More cornstarch equals thicker sauce..
- Release the pressure and turn back on saute mode (low or normal now). Add the cashews from garnish section. Slowly mix in thickener slurry and stir while cooking for 2-3 minutes until sauce is thick..
- Turn off instant pot. Let sit for 5-7 minutes..
- Spoon over there rice and add green onion and zest as final garnish when serving. Enjoy it inside your face..
In a bowl stir together the orange juice, zest, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, onions and sriracha. Pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. When Instant Pot reads "HOT", add in olive oil, chicken, and salt. In a bowl, mix together the orange juice, orange zest, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, and ginger. Add to Instant Pot with chicken.