Easy Orange Chicken. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. In a pan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, and red pepper flakes.
Flip the chicken pieces, breaking them apart from one another as you turn them. Turn the heat off under the skillet and pour on the prepared orange sauce. Stir to coat the chicken pieces in sauce. You can have Easy Orange Chicken using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Orange Chicken
- It’s of Chicken:.
- Prepare 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
- It’s of Vegetable oil, for frying.
- Prepare of Orange Sauce:.
- You need 1/2 cup of natural marmalade.
- You need 2 tbsp. of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of rice vinegar.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of toasted sesame oil.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s Pinch of salt and pepper.
In a small saucepan start your orange chicken sauce. Add BBQ sauce, orange marmalade, and soy sauce. Whisk together and allow to cook on a simmer. While your sauce simmers get your chicken started.
Easy Orange Chicken instructions
- Start by placing some oil into a large, deep skillet just above medium heat. You want enough oil to coat the bottom of the skillet by about 1/4" or so. While it heats up, cut the chicken into small, bite-sized chunks. Place them into a gallon sized Ziploc bag. Pour in the cornstarch, salt and pepper. Then seal the bag and shake it up to evenly coat the chicken..
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients and set it aside. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the skillet in a single layer… you might need to cook the chicken in batches. Fry for 5-6 minutes per side, until they are starting to brown and are cooked through. Remove them to a towel lined plate. Once all the chicken is cooked, empty the oil from the pan, wipe it out and return it to the burner..
- Place the chicken back into the pan and pour the sauce over the top. Stir it to evenly coat the chicken. Let it come up to a simmer for a few minutes to thicken the sauce slightly, then serve..
Whether you prefer the classic preparation or something a little more creative, there's an easy homemade orange chicken recipe for you on this list. The cornstarch and flour form a lovely light crust on the chicken that compliments the sweet sauce. The sauce is a delicious combination of marmalade, BBQ sauce, and teriyaki sauce. You do not want the pieces to be too big. Toss the chicken pieces in a bowl and coat with the flour, corn starch, black pepper, onion powder, salt and ginger powder.