P.F. CHANG’S Orange Peel Chicken(copycat). Chang's Orange Peel Chicken is crispy, spicy and sweet, with notes of orange flavor and even healthier than the restaurant version! Chang's Orange Peel Chicken is one of the dishes we always order at P. Chang's because like most people orange flavored stir fried Chinese American food is pretty much always going to be a winner!
CHANG'S Orange Peel Chicken (copycat) Fisiana Cahyadi (@Xian_cookingdiary) Edmonton, Canada P. CHANG'S ORANGE PEEL CHICKEN IS CRISPY, SPICY AND SWEET, WITH NOTES OF ORANGE FLAVOR AND EVEN HEALTHIER THAN THE RESTAURANT VERSION! source : www.dinnerthendessert.com Several of P. Chang's top-selling items are similar in preparation technique: bite-size pieces of meat are lightly breaded and wok-seared in oil, then doused with a secret sauce mixture. You can cook P.F. CHANG’S Orange Peel Chicken(copycat) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of P.F. CHANG’S Orange Peel Chicken(copycat)
- You need 2 lb. of chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- You need 4 of green onions, sliced.
- You need 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Sriracha sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- It’s of peel from 1 orange , half zested and half julienned.
This PF Chang's copycat recipe is made the same way. Chang's Orange Peel Chicken A copycat version of a P. Chang's favorite, tossed with a mild chili sauce and fresh orange peel. This post may contain affiliate links.
P.F. CHANG’S Orange Peel Chicken(copycat) instructions
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch chunks. Put in a bowl and coat with cornstarch..
- Add two tablespoons of oil to your wok. Heat oil on medium high and add the chicken. Cook until browned on both sides..
- Remove chicken from pan. If you have about a tablespoon of oil in the pan go ahead and use it without wiping your pan clean. If not, add a tablespoon of oil, minced garlic and green onions and let cook for about 1 minute, but don't let your garlic burn..
- Add tomato sauce, water, sugar, Sriracha and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Add the chicken back into the pan with the sauce. Top with the orange zest and orange strips and mix until all coated, letting it cook for another 20-30 seconds for the chicken to heat back up..
Chang's Orange Peel Chicken (Copycat) – Dinner, then Dessert Chang's top-selling items are similar in preparation technique: bite-size pieces of meat are lightly breaded and wok-seared in oil, then doused with a secret sauce mixture. This PF Chang's copycat recipe is made the same way. Pioneer Chicken (copycat recipe) Honey-Mustard Chicken with Potato Wedges; Easy Chicken with Noodles (using cream of chicken soup, crock pot) You'll find these done with shrimp on the P. Chang's menu, and that's a super-easy substitution to make with this chicken-based recipe. This copycat recipe is so easy to make at home, so whenever yo.