Lazy Sunday Afternoon Gyro Salad. Just filling lazy took the gyro loaf out the freezer and got it crispy. Granddaughters doesn't like feta cheese so I used mozzarella cheese instead. If you're fond of gyros, you'll enjoy this garden-fresh salad showcasing ground lamb, crumbled feta cheese, Kalamata olives, tomatoes and a creamy, tangy dressing. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Gyro Salad with Tzatziki Dressing Recipe photo by Taste of Home Lazy Sunday Afternoon Gyro Salad salad mix • shredded mozzarella cheese • salad dressing your favorite • green stuffed olives • medium vine ripened tomatoes • large cucumber • sour cream • dill weed This Gyro Salad is filled with savory flavors, feta cheese, homemade gyro meat, and a delicious tzatziki dressing.
This Greek salad is far from contrived, or uppity, or way too out there. It's just a good, basic salad that covers all the major food groups. Lazy Sunday Afternoon Gyro Salad salad mix • shredded mozzarella cheese • salad dressing your favorite • green stuffed olives • medium vine ripened tomatoes • large cucumber • sour cream • dill weed Italian salad dressing mix is like a secret weapon for adding flavor to this creamy chicken dish. You can cook Lazy Sunday Afternoon Gyro Salad using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lazy Sunday Afternoon Gyro Salad
- You need of Salad base, cheese, and dressing.
- It’s 1-1/2 pound of salad mix.
- You need 1/2 pound of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s To taste of salad dressing your favorite.
- Prepare 1 cup of green stuffed olives.
- Prepare 2 of medium vine ripened tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 of large cucumber.
- It’s of Sour cream tzatziki sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of dill weed.
- Prepare 1/2 of large cucumber grated.
- You need 1 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- It’s of Meats.
- It’s 1 pound of gyro loaf seem my recipe or already prepared.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of ham luncheon meat.
Served over rice or pasta, this Italian dressing chicken is rich, delicious and special enough for company. —Maura McGee, Tallahassee, Florida The Gyro meat was perfectly cooked and seasoned, and the tzhakhi sauce was heavenly. The meat was hot and fresh, and the veggies were cold and crisp. The fries (that came with my gyro) were crispy/chewy in the proper proportion, and didn't even need and additional seasoning. Am def going to come back for dinner soon and try the lamb shank!
Lazy Sunday Afternoon Gyro Salad instructions
- Wash and slice the tomatoes into thin wedges. Wash and peel the cucumber leaving stripes. Slice half the cucumber into thin slices..
- Grate the half of the cucumber. Add and mix the grated cucumber, sour cream, lemon juice, parsley, and dill weed..
- Roll the ham into a roll lengthwise. Slice starting at the end thinly.add to the salad mix with the sliced cucumber, cheese, olives, and tomatoes wedges..
- Slice the gyro loaf thinly. Fry on a flat skillet till browned and crispy. Add to the salad mix..
- Serve adding you tzatziki sauce and/or salad dressing. I hope you enjoy!!.
The actual menu of the Lazy Dayz cafe. Prices and visitors' opinions on dishes.. bolognese melt sandwich greek gyro salads dumplings sausages fish & chips kebabs cheeseburgers chicken wraps cheese bread breakfast sandwiches chicken skewers meat pies beef with vegetables garlic cheese bread potato scones bolognese poultry poke bowl chicken . Spent mostly in the garden today although the air is cool and sitting in the warmth of my wee reclaimed studio every now and again helps to warm the extremities. We're reworking the vegetable and salad garden we started last year – not a huge area and separate from the house. Lazy Sunday Afternoon Gyro Salad salad mix • shredded mozzarella cheese • salad dressing your favorite • green stuffed olives • medium vine ripened tomatoes • large cucumber • sour cream • dill weed Decided to try this place out on whim since I was feeling lazy on a Sunday afternoon and didn't feel like cooking.