Baked Chicken Drumsticks With Homemade BBQ Sauce. Combine the BBQ sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir it well. Cooking times vary based on size of drumsticks. Whisk water, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, butter, salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and chili powder together in a bowl; pour mixture over drumsticks.
Turn the drumsticks over and brush with about half the sauce. Brush both sides of the drumsticks with barbecue sauce. When done, the chicken will be fork tender and sport a thick, beautiful glaze. You can cook Baked Chicken Drumsticks With Homemade BBQ Sauce using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken Drumsticks With Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Prepare 4 lb of Chicken Drumsticks.
- You need of Cooking Spray.
- Prepare of ✨Homemade BBQ Sauce✨.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Butter (melted).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Chicken powder.
- Prepare 1/8 Cup of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Molasses.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Sweet Soy Sauce (I used this brand Bango Kecap Manis).
- You need 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil (optional).
- It’s of Salt – Black Pepper.
Lay drumsticks on baking sheet, spacing evenly. Using half of the BBQ sauce, brush both sides of drumsticks with sauce. Season the skinless chicken thighs with salt and pepper and coat them on all sides with BBQ sauce. So, how long should you bake chicken drumsticks?
Baked Chicken Drumsticks With Homemade BBQ Sauce instructions
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Make sure you spray the chicken with cooking oil every 15 minutes before you place it in the oven to keep them from getting dry..
- Clean and wash the chicken drumsticks and then dry it with kitchen paper. Season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Spray chicken with cooking oil then place it in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven. Flip the chicken drumsticks then continue to bake it for 15 minutes..
- While the chicken is in the oven, in a small bowl with the melted butter, add onion powder, garlic powder, brown sugar, chicken flavor, soy sauce, molasses, sweet soy sauce, black pepper and olive oil. Combine the BBQ sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir it well..
- After baking the chicken drumsticks for a total of 30 minutes, with a silicone brush lightly brush the drumsticks on both sides with the bbq sauce. Spray the chicken with cooking oil, then place it back in the oven and continue to bake it for 15 minutes..
- Finally, flip the drumsticks and lightly brush both sides of the drumsticks with the rest of the BBQ sauce. Then continue to bake it in the oven for 10 more minutes. Remove them from the oven and let the drumsticks rest. Serve over cooked rice. Enjoy!😉.
It's important to note, that you first need to bring your chicken drumsticks to room temperature. Baste chicken drumsticks with BBQ sauce. Place chicken drumsticks in foil pouch. Finish directly on grill for crunchier chicken drumsticks. Arrange drumsticks into a baking dish.