Bran Muffins. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Grease a muffin tin or line with paper muffin cases.
In a seperate bowl whisk together the oil and eggs. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla until well mixed. Bran Muffins These hearty, nutritious muffins make a nice addition to all your meals no matter what time of day. You can cook Bran Muffins using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bran Muffins
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of milk.
- You need 1 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of bran cereal (looks like tiny matchsticks, not flakes).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of firmly packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisins, chopped dates or chopped walnuts (pictured).
They can bake while you prepare other menu items, so you can enjoy them hot from the oven. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add the bananas, milk, vanilla and eggs. Muffins just got a healthy makeover!
Bran Muffins instructions
- Grease 12 large muffin tins or line with paper baking cups..
- Combine milk, lemon juice, egg, vegetable oil and bran cereal and set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients including raisins, dates or walnuts and make a well..
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring just till moistened..
- Spoon batter into cups and bake in 350 degree oven till toothpick comes out clean (about 15 to 17 minutes)..
- Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container..
Pepped up with wholemeal flour and All-Bran, these tasty treats will keep your digestive system happy. This Honey Bran Muffins Recipe is perfect for a delicious on-the-go breakfast. Try adding dried fruits for extra sweetness. Blend together dark brown soft sugar, oat bran, flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt. Add eggs, chilled apple sauce and vegetable oil.