Simmered Chicken in Onion Barbecue Sauce. Heat a deep pan add half the salt to one side of the chicken. Place chicken thighs in pan salted side down. Now salt the unsalted part sticking up.
Top with onion and lemon slices. Combine barbecue sauce and cola; pour over chicken. Well, take that idea and instead of the gravy, "smother" your chicken in barbecue sauce. You can have Simmered Chicken in Onion Barbecue Sauce using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simmered Chicken in Onion Barbecue Sauce
- You need 1-1/2 pints of onion barbecue sauce Batch 50 see my recipe.
- You need 2 pound of chicken thighs boneless and skinless.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt divided.
Juicy, tender, rich, deep dark flavor. I could go on and on. By the end of the cooking time the chicken and sauce have taken on a deep mahogany color and a sticky sweetness that children, especially, really like. Directions Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
Simmered Chicken in Onion Barbecue Sauce instructions
- Heat a deep pan add half the salt to one side of the chicken. Place chicken thighs in pan salted side down. Now salt the unsalted part sticking up..
- Let cook 7 minutes. Turn and cook 7 minutes. After the second side has cooked 7 minutes add the sauce..
- Keep turning and allow barbecue sauce to reduce..
- Cover and allow to rest 10 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place browned pieces of chicken on a plate to the side of the pan. Carefully pour a little chicken broth into the frying pan and swirl it around to remove any of the browned, cooked to the bottom bits. Whisk in the remaining broth and bring to a simmer. Return the onions to the pan.